Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New D1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New D1 Owner

Greeting all,

Im new to the forum and to the community. I recently purchased a 97 Disco with about 120k on it. Ive been reading the forums for a couple days and wanted to make the proper intro as well as ask a couple questions.
So to start, from what my rookie eyes and ears can tell, the vehicle is well cared for. It drives smooth and straight with no noticeable issues. Are there any known areas/issues i should look into on the vehicle?

Second, my rear right brake light doesnt function with the pedal depressed, however when the lights are on the bulb does stay lit as normal. Am I missing something? any suggestions?

Third, My keyfob works as far as locking unlocking, but my hazards dont flash and the interior lights dont light up with unlock. Does this mean the alarm isnt activating? simple battery replacement? also my dash lights are really dim (with dimmer up all the way). Any Suggestions?

And finally, I want to replace the factory tape deck with an aftermarket one. My local car audio place just said I needed an adapter like this ADAPTER LINK. With that they said I could just plug into a double set of RCA's on a newer head unit. Does this sound right? Do I need any other adapters in order to marry with the existing external amps for power and etc?

Sorry for all the questions. If im breaking forum etiquette in any way, please advise. I appreciate any input or direction. Also I have read the sticky's, and downloaded the manual.

Great Forum, Thank you all who contribute and hope I can reciprocate when I gain more knowledge.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the forum.Just about everything you need to know is here.Good luck and good purchase.

Old 02-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Welcome.
First and foremost, go through the maintenance items in the manual, paying particular attention to the swivel housings.

For your brake lights, if the right brake light works, it's not your switch, so I'd check the ground at the light and the bulb. Get a multimeter and see if you're getting 12v to the bulb.