Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Disco 2 video on YouTube

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Received 392 Likes on 305 Posts

Nice video. Guy in the Range Rover needs to stay home or take a new attitude

Old 09-23-2018, 01:45 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Yeah, that's a very thorough, well rounded review of the truck. These guys at TFLTruck make good videos. Definitely covers all the bases, and serves as a good forewarning for anybody looking to get into Land Rovers

Old 09-23-2018, 03:11 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Gallant
... but my bet is if you did the same video about a lot of trucks of the age of these you would get a similar result. Before buying mine I did a lot of research, pretty much everything has issues of some sort, we have a few more because the of the aluminum engine and "luxury features". The worst of it is properly maintained and looked after they seem to be reliable as anything else of this age.
A lot of trucks? Like GM, Ford, Toyota? No. Not even close. The Discovery is equivalent to other makes from the 80's. I've had other trucks from 80's, 90's, and 2000's and the Land Rover durability and reliability and technology are equivalent to trucks a decade and a half older. I have a truck from another make now that is only a couple years newer than the 21 year old Land Rover I have. It has substantially more miles on it and the only things that have ever gone wrong with it is a brake control module, starter motor, and fuel sender. The list of things on the Land Rover would take two pages. Things fail at a rate something like 10 times greater and that is not exaggeration or hyperbole. I know there are still some convinced that if you fix it "right" it will be dependable afterward. With a vehicle that's decades old, it can be difficult and expensive just to get it back to something close to the mechanical condition it came from the factory in, and that has already proven to be short-lived. A few serious flaws like defective castings can be permanently remedied with non-defective replacements, but there are scores of other issues that will only repeat because the replacement parts are just as flawed as the originals.