Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 05:13 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one clean bumper, I will take two...

Old 04-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great. I may pick one up too. Is yours part number TRRRBMP002? The photo on lucky8's website shows a slightly different one. The one on the site covers more of the quarter panel. I prefer the look of yours, and that was what was keeping me from ordering that model.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Zonk872
What did you use to make the cut? Reciprocating saw?
Yes sir. You have to be pretty careful not to cut any fuel lines or anything else.

Originally Posted by fyreles
That is one clean bumper, I will take two...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by willrok13
Looks great. I may pick one up too. Is yours part number TRRRBMP002? The photo on lucky8's website shows a slightly different one. The one on the site covers more of the quarter panel. I prefer the look of yours, and that was what was keeping me from ordering that model.
Yes, that is the part number. I think lucky 8 used a D1 picture because they didn't have a D2 picture.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Drifting

I removed my bumper this weekend after crushing it a couple of months back. I plan on replacing it but noticed the lights mounted in the bumper house the turn signals. Do the replacment bumpers have the mounts or do you have to modify them? Or is there a mod you can do to move the turn signals up into the main light housing?

Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LRDII2000
I removed my bumper this weekend after crushing it a couple of months back. I plan on replacing it but noticed the lights mounted in the bumper house the turn signals. Do the replacment bumpers have the mounts or do you have to modify them? Or is there a mod you can do to move the turn signals up into the main light housing?
I'm not sure about all replacement bumpers, but this bumper has the mounts. There are a few pictures on tacticalrovers.com that show how to hook up the lights.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice bumper, I love what you've done with your truck too, looks like a nasty rig.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Thats a good looking rear bumper. How much did it set you back? My custom rear bumper build link is in my signature. Took me 10 weeks to complete. I used a 4" grider cut off wheel to trim the rear quarter panels. Much easier to control than a Sawzaw. All the fuel vapor lines are higher up so there is no danger in touching those.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Only thing I see wrong with your rig is that nasty sticker on the rear window...LOL!
Hook'em!

Honestly your truck looks awesome!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:10 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by DiscoRover007
Nice bumper, I love what you've done with your truck too, looks like a nasty rig.
Thanks a lot! I just got home from a 1,400 mile overland trip to the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas. Truck did great in the mud, over rocks, and up the climbs.

Originally Posted by bosshogt
Thats a good looking rear bumper. How much did it set you back? My custom rear bumper build link is in my signature. Took me 10 weeks to complete. I used a 4" grider cut off wheel to trim the rear quarter panels. Much easier to control than a Sawzaw. All the fuel vapor lines are higher up so there is no danger in touching those.
Bumper itself was $650. Unfortunately, shipping was $158. I'd love to build something like a rear bumper, but I don't really have the time at this point in my life. Hopefully one day! I can definitely see a cut off wheel being easy to use.

I've actually watched your video before and you made a beautiful bumper, love the steps and the swingout! You are much more talented than I.

Originally Posted by ralphobell
Only thing I see wrong with your rig is that nasty sticker on the rear window...LOL!
Hook'em!

Honestly your truck looks awesome!
Lol, Thanks! A little friendly rivalry never hurt. /m\ Saw 'em Off! /m\

Last edited by Disco S2; 05-01-2012 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:01 PM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Any chance I could get some measurements for the rear panel cuts in relation to the trim pieces? I like the way you contoured the quarter panel to match the lines of the bumper. I will be installing mine this weekend (hopefully) and having an idea of how much I need to trim would help to get a similar result to yours. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Disco S2
You're correct. This picture shows approximately what needed to be trimmed. Also, the other side was already dented from ripping the rear bumper off, so it didn't bug me to cut a little.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: New rear bumper