Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New rear bumper

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willrok13
Any chance I could get some measurements for the rear panel cuts in relation to the trim pieces? I like the way you contoured the quarter panel to match the lines of the bumper. I will be installing mine this weekend (hopefully) and having an idea of how much I need to trim would help to get a similar result to yours. Thank you!
Yeah the instructions aren't too clear on how far to cut up, but in the end it doesnt matter...as long as you cut below the black trim a few inches it cant be seen. The top lip of the bumper is flush with the bottom lip of the black trim.

I added a piece of rubber trim (3/16"thick) above where i cut on the body so there wouldn't be any vibration...not sure if it is really necessary but the quarter panels are kinda flimsy.

And you will end up being able to see the holes that the corner plastic pieces went into. I picked up some plastic plugs down at ACE to fill them (my truck is black so they matched right off the bat)

Get someone to help for sure!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same one and love it.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willrok13
Any chance I could get some measurements for the rear panel cuts in relation to the trim pieces? I like the way you contoured the quarter panel to match the lines of the bumper. I will be installing mine this weekend (hopefully) and having an idea of how much I need to trim would help to get a similar result to yours. Thank you!
Unfortunately, I don't have the measurements. I took a piece of cardboard and used the bumper to make a template and then taped it off.

Good luck with your install!