Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tactical Rover bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 06:49 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New Tactical Rover bumper

Just got my Tactical Rovers bumper installed this weekend. Install was even easier than I thought it would be (and I was thinking it would be pretty straightforward). Taking off all the old stuff took twice as long as it did to install the new one.

Also just thought I would share my experience with Tactical Rovers. Great to do business with. They communicated frequently and were more than happy to answer all the questions I had. Overall the purchase took about two weeks from my first phone call to receiving the bumper. It arrived packaged well and in perfect condition. The bumper came with new hardware as well.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here are the before and after pics. You can see in the befores why i needed a new bumper... wifey smashed the plastic one pulling into the garage... Now she'll just damage the house

New Bumper

Off topic... next up is a winch. Couple questions, any good suggestions? I've looked a little and prices seem all over the place from $400 ish to like $1200 and up.

Second question, do you have to do a dual battery set up with a winch?

Old 02-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bumper looks real nice, how much was that bumper.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

no need for dual batteries for general use, but it is a good idea and useful if you do a lot of winching and glow in the dark.
my money will be spent on hf badlands. I have been trying very hard to break my first one. I now have 3. still haven't broken the first one, nor the bank. replaced a broke down m8000 with it, haven't missed it.
bumper looks great. got any side view?

Old 02-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Rock Crawling

Bumper looks good, personally I like Superwinch. Done alot of winching including compition winching events and had issues with Warn winches. Now they were the 8724 but still won't get another. Also I would recommened you go for synthetic rope as well. No heavy weight issues, splinted cables, rusting etc...

Attached Thumbnails New Tactical Rover bumper-img_1116.jpg  

Last edited by G Reeves; 02-04-2015 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

They do good work and are most helpful. I think they have the best Diff Guards made as well...got me a set

Your bumper looks great very clean look! Enjoy

Old 02-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Winching

Thanks everyone.
martin - the bumper was $939 plus shipping. They are down in So Cal which is just a few hundred miles from me, but shipping was $142.

Dusty, here are a couple side shots. The bumper isn't quite snug up against the wheel arch because to do that, I would have to trim the front plastic grill as the bumper is flush with that. And it doesn't really bother me, so I figure why start cutting? I think when I get a winch though and I have to start cutting into that anyway, maybe I'll raise it up some.

@ G Reeves - I've been looking a lot at the super winches and am between that, and the one dusty mentioned, the HF Badlands. Both seem pretty reasonable and get good reviews. I'll have to look into the synthetic rope. They seem to double the price of a winch, so I might go steel at first, and then think about upgrading later on (also depending on how much winching I actually end up doing).

@ Yoops - Thanks, I was almost swayed by your Trek with the RTE bumper, but after reading some of the timing issues, and speaking with the guys down at TR, I think I'm glad I went the route I did!

Old 02-05-2015, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Thank you
Very nice approach

Old 02-05-2015, 01:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Old 02-05-2015, 02:04 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

They ripped off the safari gard to a T, best decision they could have made. Looks great, I really like their products.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:12 AM
Winching

Just picked this up on Craigslist for $200!

Attached Thumbnails New Tactical Rover bumper-image-3526931390.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Tactical Rover bumper