Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Tactical Rover bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by bballjames
Just picked this up on Craigslist for $200!
hey you know hf is running a valentines sale .....199 brand new 12000lb badlands.......too bad

Old 02-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 210 Likes on 194 Posts

I am joking .
good find. I have that removable tray for one of my trucks....I advise welding/bolting some support angles from the tube diagonally out to the tray, like a Y (if you plan to use it for anything).... mine ripped loose, on one side, first time I pulled at an angle. it was fine for straight 90 degree work. I had to beef it up a little bit. could have just been a bad factory weld on my particular one. but you prolly aren't planning to use it. I imagine it was just a bonus and the winch will live up front

Old 02-08-2015, 12:29 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dusty1
I am joking .
good find. I have that removable tray for one of my trucks....I advise welding/bolting some support angles from the tube diagonally out to the tray, like a Y (if you plan to use it for anything).... mine ripped loose, on one side, first time I pulled at an angle. it was fine for straight 90 degree work. I had to beef it up a little bit. could have just been a bad factory weld on my particular one. but you prolly aren't planning to use it. I imagine it was just a bonus and the winch will live up front
haha man you really had for a second... i just looked at them yesterday in-store and didn't see any deal like that!

Ya as far as the winch plate goes, I'll probably just sell it or give it to my buddy who I know wants one. I will be mounting it on the bumper... time to research how to wire these things

Old 02-11-2015, 08:34 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, I am looking at doing the same. What did you do about the washer bottle? Did you relocate or remove completely? Do you have any pictures of that if you relocated it? I have SAI so putting it on the firewall is a no go for now.

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:29 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by B846B
Looks great, I am looking at doing the same. What did you do about the washer bottle? Did you relocate or remove completely? Do you have any pictures of that if you relocated it? I have SAI so putting it on the firewall is a no go for now. Thanks.
Ya for now I just removed it completely. And discovered it had a bunch of cracks and holes at the top. The plastic was like an egg shell but weaker. I just threw it away along with my cracked bumper.

I also have SAI so I haven't really figured out what to do about it. It's on my list of to dos. What have others done for relocating with sai?

Old 02-11-2015, 12:28 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bballjames
Ya for now I just removed it completely. And discovered it had a bunch of cracks and holes at the top. The plastic was like an egg shell but weaker. I just threw it away along with my cracked bumper.

I also have SAI so I haven't really figured out what to do about it. It's on my list of to dos. What have others done for relocating with sai?
Lucky8 has a different bottle that I saw mounted directly to the right of the coolant overflow. That was posted on an east coast rover website looks like you would have to fabricate some mounts. Others have rigged stuff up with PVC.

Old 02-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Mudding
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I use the Superwinch Tigershark TS9500 on my ARB and love it! I took the winch apart and remotely mounted the solenoids in the battery box and the remote connection on the grill. I also use synthetic cable and don't use dual batteries. Though I don't winch for a living...