Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Newer Rovers

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Newer Rovers

I am not totally sure how some of you feel about the newer rovers that are coming out on the market, but for me I just feel that some of them are not looking all that great, and my reason is simple. To me Land Rover has always been the outback vehical to me, the rugged looking and boxy look as always worked, but know it seems that maybe Land Rover is taking those looks to what every other SUV is becoming, more of a show boat car for the Rich and stuck up. (No disrespect intended)

I just feel that maybe the Land Rover Discovery should maintain that outback look, instead of them getting smaller and more (what is the word I am looking for) flashy? Come on, lets be real, Land Rover is Land Rover, and it doesn’t always mean it has to be a luxury car like a Mercedes, or a Lexus, I just feel that way and I feel that some of us old owners of these great built outback bad butt vehicles have the last of the great. Has Land Rover forgotten what it means to be the true outback off road vehicles?

Any comments?

Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: The Newer Rovers

than land rover you know was bought out by ford though wasn't it?

Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: Brad S1

than land rover you know was bought out by ford though wasn't it?
That might be, but my Rover is the real deal still. Just because Ford might have bought them out doesn't change that fact. I think?

Old 06-23-2006, 07:36 PM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I'm saying the new ones are a product of ford policy etc... I'm just guessing though... I see the new ones and alot of design cues come from the explorer.

Old 06-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: Brad S1

I'm saying the new ones are a product of ford policy etc... I'm just guessing though... I see the new ones and alot of design cues come from the explorer.
No I totally understand what you are saying, and yes it does look like some of the designs are going somewhere, I guess it really just jerks me that they would sell out after so many years. Now that Ford might be taking over, who knows what is going to happen with our Dear Rovers, Yikes I hate to think of that. So I guess what I said was true, we are the last of the great Rover owners, that makes me want to hang onto my rover a whole lot longer!!!!

What is up with this world, why is it that more and more companies are merging, I guess I do know the answer to that question, but it might mean that later down the road parts will be cheaper. lol yeah right.