Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor plug destroyed

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 07:14 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy O2 Sensor plug destroyed

I am replacing the front O2 sensors on my 03 Disco and found that the plug on the driver's side is shattered. There is nowhere for the new sensor to connect. Any ideas as to the easiest way around this? I am assuming I need to cut the wires and replace the plug. However, it's in such a tight spot and I don't know where I can buy the plug.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Attached Thumbnails O2 Sensor plug destroyed-dangit.jpg  
Old 12-14-2013, 10:11 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where are you? Find a wrecking yard with D2's...plenty of D2's in BONE YARDS...It is in a miserable location...thru a medium amount of experience, I have actually gotten good atn bgetting to the flippin' thing! Just keep jammimg/sliding/experimenting with ways of getting your hands in there...it can be done fairly easily...as for replacing the plug, I'm afraid you're glued, screwed and tattooed...
I would approach from the "where does the firing come from" end of things and attempt to replace the ***** from a "remote, but attainable" location....otherwise, let's talk about lifting the body...
I wouyld examine the situation BEFORE going to a wrecker and then getting the replacement wiring with as much wiring on the plug as possible...
The idea being, once you have the plug and a pig tail, you can then "ROUTE AS YOU PLEASE"...to make the replacement...as in there is NO WAY in Haites you're simply replacijng the plug alone...w/out raising the body off the frame...
If you do this, be sure and get replacement flex conduit, properly tape and protect all your hard work...as inj from, HOT EXHAUST!!!ETC...
So, in closing, find where that wiring comes from. replace from a convenient place...as if there is one..., protect replacement from heat and abrasion, then enjoy what all other LR owners have come to LOVE...the Land Rover!...Enjoy...persevere,,,,it is worth it...Ask first, second, do third...