Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 Sensor Troubleshooting

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 03:23 PM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default O2 Sensor Troubleshooting

Everyone,
I am having trouble isolating a problem with my bank 2 sensor 1 O2 sensor. I am getting a voltage reading of .45, which is pretty consistent but starts to slowly trend lower after I've been driving for a bit. The B1S1 voltage reading seems to be operating properly alternating between .1-.9 volts. I had been working on the passenger side of the engine and so I assumed I might have shifted the wires too close to the exhaust and melted them, but I ordered a new O2 sensor and replaced it and saw no change. Then I inspected the length of wire that I could see before it disappears behind the engine, and also checked the terminal in the ECU, and didn't find any signs of frayed/unplugged/melted wires or anything like that.
Any suggestions on what to check next? I will update with the engine codes I'm getting once they have time to all load again, but I know I am getting P0150 & P0154 among others.

Thanks for the help,

Old 09-20-2021, 09:08 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on some more research I've heard some people say that if the voltage from the O2 Sensor is giving an odd reading, the ECU will override it and give the average value of .45 volts. So another thought that popped up would be to check all grounding & input wires (I had really just checked the signal wire) since if the ground was off it could still give a weird reading for the circuit. I also just read a post about the pins being reversed (?) in an aftermarket O2 sensor, so I figure I'll check mine that I just purchase and make sure they're lined up correctly. Not sure how to verify that exactly but the four wires on the new sensor are white, white, gray, black.