Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensors

OK, I was gonna search for this, but THERE'S NO BLOODY SEARCH BUTTON AT THE TOP BECAUSE ALL THE REST OF THE STUFF THAT'S NORMALLY THERE ISN'T THERE EITHER!

Sorry, rant over. OK, on to more serious business. My new o2 sensors will be here tomorrow. I am looking for any tips related to swapping these out. I have done most all of the wrenching on my past vehicles, but never changed o2's. Seems pretty straight forward, but when I tried to remove one in my wife's Chrysler while working on it, I couldn't get the darn thing to budge. Now, I'm fairly certain that had something to do with it being a Mopar product. Knowing them, they reverse threaded their o2 sensors for some reason known only to them. Anyhow, any help that you knowledgeable individuals can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

its easier to remove the sensor when its hot, after running... but then let it cool down good before you try and connect or disconnect the electrical

Old 03-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get it hot

there is a special tool for doing it that lets the wire go out the side of the socket that will fit it. It's pretty cheap so i'd recommend that, as a ratchet will will not slip, but a wrench will when put at an angle necessary

and to search scroll down to the bottom and look for "forum jump" the drop down menu has a link to the search function

Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Knowing Chrysler quality control I would bet the O2 sensors were cross threaded into the exhaust at the factory. Reverse threads are way too advance for Chrysler.

I picked up an O2 sensor socket at Harbor Freight really cheap, like $8. Haven't used it yet but it's sitting on my shelf ready when the day comes.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Rock Crawling

PB blaster $2.19

Old 03-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Mudding

Dielectric the connections

Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Curious
OK, I was gonna search for this, but THERE'S NO BLOODY SEARCH BUTTON AT THE TOP BECAUSE ALL THE REST OF THE STUFF THAT'S NORMALLY THERE ISN'T THERE EITHER!

Sorry, rant over. OK, on to more serious business. My new o2 sensors will be here tomorrow. I am looking for any tips related to swapping these out. I have done most all of the wrenching on my past vehicles, but never changed o2's. Seems pretty straight forward, but when I tried to remove one in my wife's Chrysler while working on it, I couldn't get the darn thing to budge. Now, I'm fairly certain that had something to do with it being a Mopar product. Knowing them, they reverse threaded their o2 sensors for some reason known only to them. Anyhow, any help that you knowledgeable individuals can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Instead of blaming the site for new search button, spend more time looking, if it had teeth it would bite you. It is located on the top orange line.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by roverguy7
its easier to remove the sensor when its hot, after running... but then let it cool down good before you try and connect or disconnect the electrical
I learned the hard way, exhaust manifolds get hot. Touched one with a gloved hand one day. Thank God it was the glove that started smoking and not my skin.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Instead of blaming the site for new search button, spend more time looking, if it had teeth it would bite you. It is located on the top orange line.
I know, I was referring to said orange line that seems to keep randomly disappearing. I did not know about the forum jump drop box though, so thanks for the helpful knowledge Tom. I do have an o2 socket, that's what I tried to use on the wife's Chrysler. The sensors came UPS today, so I'll be putting them on probably Friday or Saturday.

Old 03-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Curious
The sensors came UPS today, so I'll be putting them on probably Friday or Saturday.
They came how?

Quick Reply: o2 sensors