Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 07:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry Spike. They did in fact come UPS. Both of my orders have come UPS. Is there a way to select FedEx?

Old 03-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Rover Curious
Sorry Spike. They did in fact come UPS. Both of my orders have come UPS. Is there a way to select FedEx?

Depends on who you ordered from, AB offers many shipping options including FedEx Home Delivery.
Just dont choose DHL as it will delay your order, they went out of buisness, UPS got all of their commercial buisness and we got their residential business.
That is one of the reasons I order from them, I can get paid to deliver my own package to my house.
Just deliver to myself last and park the van in the driveway and get paid to drive all the way home.
Not all sellers offer shipping options, I will only order from sellers who will tell me the price of shipping BEFORE I buy, even if it is UPS.
I answered the door once while still in uniform and the UPS guy said "hey...you...guy..." as I sighned for it, it was funny.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Rock Crawling

I did order from AB, just didn't pay any attention to shipping options, but I'll try to do better in the future. Maybe you need to call them and request they bump FedEx to the default shipper instead of UPS.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replace O2 sensors this weekend - need advice

search the treads and reviewed responses.....need to know the simple things like where are they located (near exhaust in the front, etc...) front and rear...got the o2 socket yesterday and the sensors the other day...however repair manual got crunched in the mail....any advice will be helpful...

Old 03-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rover Curious
I did order from AB, just didn't pay any attention to shipping options, but I'll try to do better in the future. Maybe you need to call them and request they bump FedEx to the default shipper instead of UPS.

I always choose FedEx not only because I work there and I can get paid to deliver my own package, but they are faster than UPS over 90% of the time.
I order Mon and I have it Wed.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by southfloridadiscoII
search the treads and reviewed responses.....need to know the simple things like where are they located (near exhaust in the front, etc...) front and rear...got the o2 socket yesterday and the sensors the other day...however repair manual got crunched in the mail....any advice will be helpful...

They will be infront of and or behind the cats.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by Spike555
They will be infront of and or behind the cats.
If he can't identify the o2 sensors by sight, he probably doesn't know what the cats are either (hint, they won't meow at you). The o2 sensors are the only things with wires screwed into your exhaust pipe. Your experience or problem solving skills might be better than mine, but I needed a 7/8" wrench as well as my o2 socket to change mine. You could honestly do it all with just a 7/8" wrench. The 2 front ones require the wrench, and I would suggest changing them one at a time so as not to get confused, although, you would have to try really hard to plug the rear sensor into the front plug, or vise versa.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Three Wheeling
Default the easy way

I know this will sound hillbilly but for the last couple of years I have been just chopping the wires off of the old O2 sensor and using an ordinary socket on it, somtimes you have to take a chisle and break off the top of the sensor also. The reason I do this is if you ever get one that is really stuck the open sided O2 socket will spread enough to slip, then you are royally screwed. The whole reason for replacing the sensor is because it's bad so who cares if it gets destroyed in the process.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by redhotbuzz
Dielectric the connections

I wouldn't that.

"The outside of the bulb is exposed to the hot gases in the exhaust while the inside of the bulb is vented internally through the sensor body to the outside atmosphere. Older style oxygen sensors actually have a small hole in the body shell so air can enter the sensor, but newer style O2 sensors "breathe" through their wire connectors and have no vent hole. It is hard to believe, but the tiny amount of space between the insulation and wire provides enough room for air to seep into the sensor (for this reason, grease should never be used on O2 sensor connectors because it can block the flow of air). Venting the sensor through the wires rather than with a hole in the body reduces the risk of dirt or water contamination that could foul the sensor from the inside and cause it to fail."

http://www.aa1car.com/library/o2sensor.htm

Old 03-07-2009, 09:13 AM
Mudding

[QUOTE=jkid;106134]I wouldn't that.

. It is hard to believe, but the tiny amount of space between the insulation and wire provides enough room for air to seep into the sensor.... I stand corrected ..Thanks Jkid another reason to fix my power washer and clean the mud off

Quick Reply: o2 sensors