Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obama wants your rover!...in the scrapheap

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 06:19 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default obama wants your rover!...in the scrapheap

http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/05/news..._for_clunkers/

Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

Yeh, he is looking for a cheap 4wheeler.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

destroying used cars is ridiculous.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:48 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its just a stunt to try and stimulate new more efficient car sales and get larger less economical cars off the roads.

if you dont want a hybrid then dont trade in your car or truck that you have now.

you make it sound as if he is coming door to door taking away your children in the night,,,

you right wing whack jobs need to get a grip on reality. the sky is not falling and the world is not ending for you or your rover.

drink a beer and simmer,,,,,

Old 05-07-2009, 08:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Guess folks will now be rushing out to the junk yards to buy up clunkers before no more are left!

So I can stop by the wreckers and pickup a 1972 Impala for $150 that I can force to run long enough to get to the DMV, and then the Dealership - and they'll give $3500 to $4500 off a new Chevy Camaro that get's 29mpg? Me likey. Combined with that $3000 incentive, a new 2010 Camaro could be had for a paltry $22 grand. What a bargain!!! lol While the last thing I need is another car, how can I pass up a new Camaro for $22grand? They do this, and I'm going out to buy a few of em to ship overseas. Got a buddy in Germany that would try to kiss me if I told him he could have a new Camaro for $75 grand. He was practically doing backflips when I sold him a couple Harley's for $30 grand a piece. They better not be teasing. This law better pass!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sloppyjoe
its just a stunt to try and stimulate new more efficient car sales and get larger less economical cars off the roads.

if you dont want a hybrid then dont trade in your car or truck that you have now.

you make it sound as if he is coming door to door taking away your children in the night,,,

you right wing whack jobs need to get a grip on reality. the sky is not falling and the world is not ending for you or your rover.

drink a beer and simmer,,,,,
Sloppy, you are my hero!!
They are trying to do this exact same thing in the UK, they have been trying for a couple of years now, sell your old extra low MPG car for Government cash but it has not passed.
There will be limits IF it passes, you cant go to scrap yards are buy 100 cars a year, you must trade your car in for a new one and then you get the rebate off the price of the new car.
If you dont want to sell your Rover, or '68 Fleetwood, or whatever it may be then keep it.
He is trying to clean up the air that we all breathe and stimutale the economy too.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:19 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

common sense freaks out a lot of people for some reason,,,,

Old 05-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Team Owner

Yeah I know, my dad is one of those people, he hears a sound bite on the news and he freaks out, buys out the grocery store, stocks up on ammo and wont leave the house except to get the mail.
Ya all need to get out more, lifes to short to worry about anything, before you know it you'll be dead and all of this wont have mattered.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use less fuel but charge more because the tax revenue is down, use less water because of draught but then charge more because less money coming in and so on and so on....good plan!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by brooksa
Use less fuel but charge more because the tax revenue is down, use less water because of draught but then charge more because less money coming in and so on and so on....good plan!
They have been doing that with cigarettes and booze for years but only the smokers and drunks said anything and nobody else cared because it did not affect them.
Now when it affects you you speak up?

There is no one size fits all answer.
You cant carry a family of 5 in a Prius, cant be done.
But soccer mom does not need a Excursion to drive her 2 kids to school everyday either.
We all need to compromise.

Quick Reply: obama wants your rover!...in the scrapheap