Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obama wants your rover!...in the scrapheap

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:35 AM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever
You, Sir, have clearly not driven a Prius! It really is a remarkable little car, quite a feat of engineering! They're amazingly spacious inside, and have pretty good cargo room in that little hatch. I'm pretty sure it has more leg-room in the back seat than my Rover. Hell, my Lexus IS 300 had as much leg room as the Rover!

Obamer! Woohoo!!! The first inspirational leader of my lifetime.
The Prius may be a remarkable little car but it is worse on the environment than our Rovers. From the mining of the nickel for the batteries, the fact that if not driven exactly right it gets no better mileage than a normal car and the disposal of the batteries at the end of the car's life it impacts the environment more than our gas hogs. Saw that on Top Gear and it makes sense.

If the government is going to try and entice me to get away from my gas hogs they're going to have to do better than $3500 to $4500. I want the full cost of replacing my Rover with a LR3 and my Dodge with a new Dodge with the bluetec diesel. The government is handing out money hand over fist to the banks and auto makers, it's time the general public gets some of their money. Last time I checked every dime the government spends comes from the ax payers so why shouldn't we get some of it back.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DO you all understand how many used land rovers we'll be able to buy next year?????

ssshhhhh

luck,greg

Old 05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.

Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salve7
Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.
good post,,,

Old 05-08-2009, 01:13 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rrhyne, sloppyjoe, I understand you guys are very upset that proposition 8 has disrupted your plans for happiness. I promise I had nothing to do with this. I am not a registered California voter and I am not a member of the Mormon church.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:28 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
rrhyne, sloppyjoe, I understand you guys are very upset that proposition 8 has disrupted your plans for happiness. I promise I had nothing to do with this. I am not a registered California voter and I am not a member of the Mormon church.
Calm down, you're making conservatives look bad.
In fact, your posts have completly gone against what the definition of a conservative is.

Personally, I think we have had way to many off topic posts in the Disco section. The most off topic I want to see is an LR video link. I dont come on here to read political arguments. (I myself have posted some political replies, but from here on out, I not posting anymore. I think more of you should follow.) Lets leave this stuff for the off topic section.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
Calm down, you're making conservatives look bad.
In fact, your posts have completly gone against what the definition of a conservative is.

Personally, I think we have had way to many off topic posts in the Disco section. The most off topic I want to see is an LR video link. I dont come on here to read political arguments. (I myself have posted some political replies, but from here on out, I not posting anymore. I think more of you should follow.) Lets leave this stuff for the off topic section.
No milestone should go un-noticed. CONGRATS on your 1000th post!!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:07 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

HAHAHA Thank you!

Old 05-08-2009, 03:32 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rrhyne, sloppyjoe, You guys did a marvelous job with your clubs new website! congrats!

http://www.ntmklrc.net/

Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
rrhyne, sloppyjoe, You guys did a marvelous job with your clubs new website! congrats!

http://www.ntmklrc.net/
That is awesome, I wonder if Dan Savage and Perez Hilton are members because that would be totally sweet!

Quick Reply: obama wants your rover!...in the scrapheap