Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

obama wants your rover!...in the scrapheap

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 11:32 AM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rrhyne
Hi all,
My dealer told me that with the traction control, I wouldn't need to air the tires down much. I've only had it in really loose sand, but I didn't need to air down then.

I've had the truck in the shop for a 140 point inspection at the local landrover dealer. Shop owner was great, and has plenty of offroad experience. He took me around my truck and pointed out all the problem spots, then we went through the mission critical points.
you sounded like a complete noob that has to rely on the dealership, that's why I said a desert crossing might not be a good idea at that time.

"WASHINGTON (CNNMoney.com) -- The Obama administration has signaled its support for a congressional effort that aims to boost the troubled car industry by subsidizing new cars sales for consumers who scrap old ones."

can you read? CNN not fox news.

If you think obama will be elected a second term then you're a bigger fool than those people that supported Jimmy Carter for his 2nd. Obama already has a lower job approval rating than bush did at this point in his first term.

Old 05-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In the interest of keepin' it real... LOL

If you actually look at Pew Research Center polls (one from April 18-21, 2001, and the other from April 15-20, 2009) the approval ratings are surprisingly very close: 66.9% for Bush; 70.7% for Obama. While it could arguably be said that those numbers are close enough to say Bush had the same approval rating as Obama at the end of his first 100 days, I really don't see how any rational person would pontificate that Bush had higher approval ratings than Obama.

*This thread should really be deleted, and anyone that posts politics in a Land Rover forum should have their account deleted as well.

Last edited by Disco_Fever; 05-11-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 01:15 PM
TReK

the daily Rasmussen poll has 58% of voters saying they at least somewhat approve of the President's performance so far while 41% disapprove.

It just goes to show that there can be a large discrepancy in polls...even the kind of poles that rrhyne likes to smoke.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Disco_Fever

*This thread should really be deleted, and anyone that posts politics in a Land Rover forum should have their account deleted as well.

DING DING DING! We have a winner! It's the moderators job to clean this up.

Until then I feel the need to call bull**** on obvious lies, racism and twisting of the truth.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NiteTrain
can you read? CNN not fox news.

LOL. I gave you too much credit by expecting you have the brain power to process that.

Now that you've outed yourself as a simpleton, I'm finished here.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:22 PM
TReK

barney frank's butt buddy is the one that turned this into a political discussion. My original post was a CNN news story about government interference that could have a negative effect on the used land rover parts market.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
TReK

LOL. I gave you too much credit by expecting you have the brain power to process that.

Now that you've outed yourself as a simpleton, I'm finished here.
your implications were that I only subscribe to fox news and myself and fox news are liars. More classic liberal propaganda. I was simply pointing out that the news story I posted was a CNN story not a fox news story.

speaking of outing ones self...come on rrhyne...that closet is a dark place..just come on out.

Last edited by NiteTrain; 05-11-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Until then I feel the need to call bull**** on obvious lies, racism and twisting of the truth.
Whoa... where did that come from... which post did I miss?

Now where's that popcorn-eating smiley

Old 05-11-2009, 06:03 PM
TReK

Carolina, go back a few post and you'll see where I predicted the racist or **** accusations were coming next. That is liberal S.O.P. If you disagree with them you are labeled a racist or a ****. If you are an african-american conservative like Ward Connerly or the brilliant Herman Caine then you are labeled an uncle tom...very pathetic huh?

Last edited by NiteTrain; 05-11-2009 at 06:14 PM.