Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd Vibration

Hello All,
So I finished a complete brake job (pads and rotors all around) and a tire rotation last week. I had neglected doing a tire rotation for a while because its a pain to do it with the one jack I have so the tires are a little unevenly worn. Anyway, I am getting a weird vibration and I just wanted to check with you fine people before I jump to conclusions. On top of the "normal" vibration of the uneven tires (I am getting them balanced this week) I am getting an additional vibration from what feels like under the seat around 65-75 and while turning slightly to the right. It wont happen at lower speeds or if I turn the wheel further than just a little (if I go to change lanes and turn the wheel maybe an inch out of center it wont happen .... it will only happen if I am turning ever so slightly like when I am following a slight curve in the highway). I already had my front driveshaft rebuilt (it has been a while though ... maybe 60,000 miles) and have greased all the u-joints along with the shafts. Nothing looks out of the ordinary under the truck and my front cv boots are in good condition. Another piece of information would be that it happens both while hitting the gas and coasting. I would like to believe that its just the tires, but I am not sure and I dont want to destroy anything just because I am ***-uming like an idiot. Is there anything I should check? Or would the first coarse of action be to get the tires balanced? Any help will be appreciated.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:39 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

cant tell you your problem but if you feel it threw the seat and not the wheel the problem is usually in the rear.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:16 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to post this in case anyone has this problem in the future. After I got my tires balanced everything was ok. The vibration is gone. Interesting that a tire vibration would only show itself while turning. Crazy land rover voodoo.