Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG Rocker arm/Lifter trouble

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im starting to think every D2 has a tick.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:55 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oysterhead
Im starting to think every D2 has a tick.
So am I. Its become one of those characteristics.

Update: Needless to say the warranty work won't be fulfilled because I'm not showing any errors/no warning lights. The tick is still there lurking in the background, although for whatever reason much less prominent than it was almost a month ago.

Still hunting for a good independent shop in Central Alabama. Won't be buying another Rover until the mid-decade Defender replacement, but I can say that I no longer care for my rig like I used to, 6K driven a year and this is my reward.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

PM me your tele number and I'll help you, but the fix will not be covered by your warranty because it is a wear item not a failed part.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:44 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
PM me your tele number and I'll help you, but the fix will not be covered by your warranty because it is a wear item not a failed part.

Mike,

When you say it is a wear item, what do you mean?

Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moving parts wear. Warranties do not cover wear.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 AM
Drifting

Moving for 42K? Please.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

This is exactly why I say to never ever never ever never buy a extended warranty.
The warranty company wont cover anything because "if it ain't broke, dont fix it"...in other words it still runs, so no money will be spent on it.
Good thing you always had it serviced at the same dealer so you have service records.
Some warranty companies require you to use the dealer for all service.
Read the warranty cover to cover making sure you read all the fine print.
And do not add a oil pressure gauge, you will void the warranty by "modifying" your engine.

Old 01-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Drifting

Its all good, the warranty covers the repair, and the warranty also covers a whole new engine. Rather than open up a huge can of worms, I have decided to keep on with the maintenance schedule, full documentation and see how far along till the bottom falls out. She's never left me stranded and she's covered through 12/2016 or 99K. LR NA actually called me back earlier this week seemed to be taking the grievance seriously, but they REALLY wanted to deal and get me in a newer vehicle under full warranty.

The paranoia in me thinks someone @ the dealer just wants me to trade in. Shame the manufacturer has given up on their own product. Meanwhile, Ford touts seven year old Rover technology in the new Explorer like its THE thing.

I washed her up this AM and in this Bama sun she's still a stunner.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Since TATA bought Rover they are trying to restore the brand, but its going to take time.
And yeah, the Ford Explorer with the terrain response is just stupid.

Old 01-30-2011, 12:56 AM
Winching
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vrblknch
Its all good, the warranty covers the repair, and the warranty also covers a whole new engine. Rather than open up a huge can of worms, I have decided to keep on with the maintenance schedule, full documentation and see how far along till the bottom falls out. She's never left me stranded and she's covered through 12/2016 or 99K. LR NA actually called me back earlier this week seemed to be taking the grievance seriously, but they REALLY wanted to deal and get me in a newer vehicle under full warranty.

The paranoia in me thinks someone @ the dealer just wants me to trade in. Shame the manufacturer has given up on their own product. Meanwhile, Ford touts seven year old Rover technology in the new Explorer like its THE thing.

I washed her up this AM and in this Bama sun she's still a stunner.
Hey man, I'm in Bham as well. I'm not sure if it will help but Road Britannia in Atlanta has done some work for me before I started working on my own truck and they can be trusted. Also, the guys at Red Mountain Rover in Mountain Brook know of some trusted shops as well. If you can get away from Tom Williams either of those places would be a good start. Good luck.

Quick Reply: OMG Rocker arm/Lifter trouble