Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which one do I have to do first

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 05:14 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one do I have to do first

They change me the plug and wires in my Disco, and they found some problems, can you please tell me which one do I have to do first or how can I fixed more cheap these issues. - Coolant reservoir leaking from seam. - Front crankshaft oil seal leaking. - All three transmission cooler lines leaking. - Steering tie rod assembly & steering drag link end worn to excess. (don’t understand these one)

Old 02-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Which one do I have to do first

The engine oil and coolant are the "life blood" of any automotive engine. The Rover engine specifically is very prone towards major damage if the engine coolant runs low, and the engine begins to run hotter than normal. So-- the very first thing to fix NOW is to replace the leaking coolant expansion tank. They tend to leak at the seam, and the only fix is to replace it. If you wait, you risk facing a $8K (average shop cost) engine replacement. The front main seal leaking on the engine is also a common problem, and it ranks in second place as something you need to address very soon ---depending on how bad the leak is.

The transmission lines leaking ---again--- is a common problem and ranks third in importance. Check the fluid level daily until you can have the lines replaced. The steering linkage wear results in looseness in the"feel" of the steering and can affect tire wear. These components wear out at about the 85-100K mileage mark depending on vehicle useage.

Thebottom line is this --- this vehicle was not maintained as the mileage accrued, and now it needs immediate attention. To not address these problems means you put yourentire investment in the vehicle at risk.Engine and transmission failures now---would most likely cost more to correct than the vehicle is worth. So start at the beginning of the list and take care of the problems.

Ihave all of these parts available if you have the skills to perform the repairs yourself, or have someone that can assist you that is mechanically inclined.

regards,

Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com -- Land Rover Hard Parts delivered to yourdoorstep

"serving the do-it-yourself owner/enthusiast"

Old 02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thxs Geoman for your excellent information, I will do the work in the order you give me. I will need to quote some parts from your web site, how much do you charge for shipping, rgds.

Felipe

Old 02-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Felipe,

Shipping is automatically calculated by the shopping cart system on the web-site, and is determined by weight and destination zip code.

Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com