Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One problem after another after 3 Amigos appeared!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 10:08 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One problem after another after 3 Amigos appeared!

Hi all,

Bought my 03 disco from the dealer with 12,000 miles on it. Have taken excellent care of it (as dad is a huge car and rover enthusiast). Well, 67k miles later, the 3 amigos appeared. [:@]I hate these things. Got a new left rear hub and the amigos went away--for about a month, that is. They appeared again soI took itto our local land rover specialty shop where they replaced a sensor (the short one) and was told if it happens again, I'll need the longer sensor that goes around the entire car. Next day I notice squeaky brakes that escalate to a loud squeal anytime pressure is put on the brakes. At this point, it's embarassing to brake, especially in the quiet suburbs. Took it back to the shop again (its become my second home now) and now need new rear brakes. I just got new brakes about 8 months ago! This car is driving me insane! We have a 99 discoverythat has never ever had any of these problems so this is a huge disappointment.

I'm new to the forum but does anyone feel as if there's one problem after another with their vehicle?

Old 02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: One problem after another after 3 Amigos appeared!

So get rid of your noisy brakes and your problem will go away. Everyone knows yuou can't run pads that are either dusty and or noisy or you will be plagued with the trio.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:33 AM
4th Gear

Yes, will "obviously" get rid of noisy brakes, however,my point wasbrakes were fine before the sensor was replaced.And if, "Everyone knows yuou can't run pads that are either dusty and or noisy or you will be plagued with the trio" there probably wouldn't be so many threads about it.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Rock Crawling

I wonder if we hear this more often due to people using new harder composite brake pads w/ worn rotors, thus causing squealing and vibration? My thinking is either replace the rotors w/ the pads, or if you're looking to save $$ and don't want to replace the rotors then use something like mintex pads that are softer and will conform to the worn rotors.

Does this logic pan out? Curious to hear others thoughts. Either way, I'm replacing both when I need new brakes.

Old 02-29-2008, 10:37 AM
4th Gear

Thanks for the input. I definitely plan to replace both-