Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0453 EVAP Code

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 06:00 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Default P0453 EVAP Code

Hey guys. Ive managed to solve my previous engine code problems but now I have this one left. P0453

Ive searched this forum and I havent found much inforamation. My truck needs to get its Ontario emissions test asap and it cant have a engine light on.

Whats the best way to test the FTP sensor and the wiring for faults? Fixing this is on my list of stuff to do tomorrow.

Old 01-30-2017, 06:57 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by tcr6v1
Hey guys. Ive managed to solve my previous engine code problems but now I have this one left. P0453

Ive searched this forum and I havent found much inforamation. My truck needs to get its Ontario emissions test asap and it cant have a engine light on.

Whats the best way to test the FTP sensor and the wiring for faults? Fixing this is on my list of stuff to do tomorrow.
googed, hope this helps
Common Tests for the Evaluating the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor

Retrieve the code and write down the freeze frame information to be used as a baseline to test and verify any repair.
Pay very close attention to the Fuel Tank Pressure readings by observing its data stream on a scan tool. Does the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor work properly? If it doesn't, the system will think that no vacuum is being created when, in fact, there is a vacuum being created that the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is unable to read. The Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is the primary feedback sensor that the Powertrain Computer relies on for the leak test data.
Inspect and test the Fuel Pressure Sensor wiring. Verify that there is a 5-volt reference signal from the PCM, a good ground, as well as a good signal return circuit to the PCM.
While observing the data stream change (or lack there of) on a scan tool, test the Pressure Sensor with a Vacuum Gauge while it is connected to the wiring harness.
If all of the above test results are within spec, then the problem may reside in the PCM itself.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:11 PM
Mudding
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, I think I've found the problem. Ripped up the carpet in the back to get to the fuel pump and I found the wiring for the tank pressure sensor in this condition....

Time to try to Frankenstein this plug and clean up the leaves on top of the gas tank.