Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1450, frustration, need help, dillema

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P1450, frustration, need help, dillema

I have posted already about this, Thanks for all the tips by the way! Unfortunatley, I'm still getting code P1450. My 03 DII is now 3 months out of inspection and I'm running out of patience (and money). I have now had it to 3 different shops and a dealership. Nobody knows what to do, LR just wants to sell a new ECM and take all my money and they can't say for sure that it will fix it.

I can't even find anyone that will "sell" me an inspection sticker anymore.

I have it in yet another independent shop as I type this. I have searched to the end of the internet and back, and the only thing I can find is just a jumbled version of the original definition of the DTC. I have found many posts on many boards discussing what the codes definition is, but nobody has (or posts) their results or fixes. Does anybody in the world have any idea what I need to do? I have done a gas cap, smoke test, checked every connection, replaced plugs, MAF sensor, air filter, and a bunch of other unrelated stuff. The truck runs great, doesn't miss or anything, I don't have trouble pumping gas into the tank either (people with similar codes report trouble when filling). After each attempt to fix or every time we try something new, code gets cleared, it pops back up a week or so later and of course it can't pass inspection until it runs its drive cycle, and then the light is on so it won't pass.

I'm almost ready to just sell it as is and just call it a loss, I've already spent around $700 on just this problem alone...and that has gotten me nowhere.

HELP PLEASE!!

Old 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

It is one of those codes that waits four drive cycles to pop back up. Here are pages from the Bosch ECU manual that describe how it works, you have a hardware fault based on the pump current draw during the test. This is not the fuel pump. See last page.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 p1450x.pdf (1.27 MB, 89 views)