Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People with aftermarket head units>

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People with aftermarket head units>

I have a Disco II and I'm having a dfficult time finding info on aftermarket head units. After returning my amp due to the expense of the install, mainly from not having pre-amp on the stock head unit, I'm thinking about replacing it. EXCEPT I can't find good info on head units that either fit or kits that make them fit. Even Crutchfield say you have to fabricate your own kit to fit a head unit. What's the deal with the stereo in this car?

Thanks,

Chris

Old 07-13-2007, 03:29 PM
4wd Low
Default RE: People with aftermarket head units>

A standard DIN unit will fit right in there and they have a small bracket to fill the space left below on ebay. The Disco II that I bought already had a nicely upgraded system but I have heard horror stories of the factory amp producing a whine as a result of the 12v switch from the new radioand from what I can gather, all that is needed to fix that is to runthe amps switchto another 12v switched source.
As for your amp, its an easy install once you have pre-amp jacks on your new unit. If you really want to do it right, just wire in the new radio, run the lines to your amps and then power the speaker(or get new ones) right from the amp and skip the factory amp and wiring all toegther. Be smart and get a SWC module so you can keep the wheel controls.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Mudding
Default RE: People with aftermarket head units>

thanks, but I only understood about 20% of this. I don't know squat about wiring stereos.