Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A pillar: easiest way to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A pillar: easiest way to remove?

I want to replace the tweeters in my A pillars but have had some issues removing them. I've tried a good ole panel popper but it looks to be connected in an unusual manner (not look the typical door panel). I've looked at the the rave CD but it didn't help me much. Any suggestions?

Old 03-22-2008, 11:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: A pillar: easiest way to remove?

Hi, Its simply clipped to the frame with metal springs clips (x 3). Is best to pull the door rubber / seal away, that helps to give you more access, then "carefully" lever it away.

The clips are positioned about 1 1/2 inches down from the top and 1 up from the bottom about the same distance, and one in the middle.

Start at the top one, try to get your "lever" to approx the middle / centre line of the trim as you lever it,It will come no probs. Sometimes just a good "tug" with 2 hands will release it.

Old 03-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I need to replace the driver's side on my D2 also. It seems the PO used the top of the pillar as a grab point instead of the handle to get in the vehicle and now there are some cracks up there. The tweeters are not installed currently but I have seen trim pieces with them for pretty cheap. If I get the tweeters can I just plug them in or is there wiring that needs to be added also?

Old 03-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Three Wheeling

The speaker diagrams on the rave CD show that the tweeters are wired to the front door speakers. I can give you a more detailed account once I replace the factory tweets with some aftermarkets.