Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

poor acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey zipbloke...are you getting any codes when you plug in an OBDII scanner?

A sticking caliper(s) will slightly reduce your acceleration, but you will probably smell burning pads if that was the case.

I agree with RWM3, these are very heavy beasts even when completely empty.

But I can smoke any city bus or semi truck off the line in my Disco. You can actually see your gas guage needle moving slowly down towards the bottom of the guage when you really floor it

Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mwindth
But I can smoke any city bus or semi truck off the line in my Disco. You can actually see your gas guage needle moving slowly down towards the bottom of the guage when you really floor it
haha x2

Old 05-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I too had the same thoughts when I first purchased my 02 Disco II. After learning about the truck a bit and tracking down and reading the Rave Manual, I 'discovered' the standard speed off the line has to do with maximizing the mpg.

If you would like to maximize your hp, do these two things....

1.) Push the (sport) button on your gearshift. When you do, a green - S - led light, will appear on the bottom of your dash for - Sport Mode. It allows the rpm to maximize between shifting as long as the pedal is pushed to the floor and held there while accelerating. You'll notice a considerable difference.

2.) Drop your automatic gear shifter into 3rd rather than (D) Drive. This will allow you to start out with more rpm's off the line. I don't recomend driving like this at high speeds for long periods of time but from what I have read, it's safe on your engine to do so around town.

Try these two things and you'll find yourself jumping off the line much faster and at the fuel pump twice as often.

Hope this helps.

MattyMatters
02 Disco 'Black Betty'