Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with my Disco II 02'

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007 | 12:59 AM
|
1st Gear
Default problems with my Disco II 02'

I've been havingstarting problems with my disco II and Ive been reading all over to place to see if I can find my problem but I havent been able to find out. It hasnt been starting the way it should. I have to turn the ignition 2 to 3 times for it to start andthe problem didnt start all of a sudden It happened graudualy.Once I turn the key the 2nd or 3rd time it starts but it starts kind of boggy but then it goes up to Idle. It happens when I leave off for at least 4 hours but It wouldnt happen if I would to turn it off and on back on.I have done everything I could from, putting Bosch Platinum+4 Spark Plugs, synthetic oil and a k&n air filter and I was suprised that the Spark Plugs helped nothing at all as expected. What really gets me is itthe engineIdles fine and it runs fine with no loss in power (or at leasta noticiable loss it revs good). I thought it was the fuel filter but I just realized it didnt have one or at least thats what I thought. Im beggining to think its the fuel pump or mabey something isdirty, but there is no leaks of any kind. Also when I add a fuel treatment called Lucas Fuel treatment the problem of it not starting on the first goes away but once I put gas with out the treatment the problem persists strong. I really dont know any more what to do to it anymore. 82k miles.

Old 04-05-2007 | 01:15 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: problems with my Disco II 02'

It sounds like your fuel pump is leaking the pressure out of the lines. The Lucas fuel treatment might be helping the seals keep up the pressure.

Old 04-05-2007 | 06:36 PM
Three Wheeling

sounds like you are losing pressure in the fuel lines and it takessometime while cranking to re-pressurise the lines, the fuel pump has a check valve, and the pressure regulator is on top of the pump. they are both non servicable items..looks like a new pump....

Old 04-05-2007 | 09:29 PM
Administrator

I agree with the fuel pressure loss.
As for your concern over your Bosch plugs, have you ever changed your plug wires, at 82K they are long since dead and won't supply the voltage needed to fire those plugs.
Mike