Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Productive Week

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Productive Week

Started the week by making a mess in the garage while changing out the thermostat that was stuck open. After spending a lot of time doing some much needed garage clean up and bleeding the cooling system I finally got around to doing a lot of little things I have been meaning to for a while. I changed out a bunch of light bulbs in the dash and switches. Changing out the bulbs in the switches for the recirculation and air conditioning required disassembling the center section of the dash. I also got rid of the running boards that were on the truck when I bought it. The rear mount on the driver side was so badly deformed that I had to literally break the thing off. The rivnut in the bracket just kept spinning when I tried to remove the bolt so a couple quick kicks had the bolt and rivnut out of the bracket. In my opinion the truck looks a lot better without them. After all that I finished up my trailer wiring, making it all pretty and made sure all the fluids were topped. Got everything done just in time to park the truck for 2 weeks while I'm at work.

Anyone else do anything productive to their Rover this week?

Old 01-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Productive Week

I finally found someone with a parts truck for my Rover. Little things I have wanted to change i now found. Poor guy bought a rover as-is at an auction. Perfect truck with no engine. Good parts

Fred

Old 01-09-2009, 12:13 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got home from having my new windshield put in. I got so used to not having my inside rear view mirror it is strange having it back where it should be. The technician who installed the windshield even pulled the overhead console and plugged in the mirror for me. Apparently a previous owner just cut the wires for the auto dimming mirror when they replaced it and never plugged in the new mirror.

Old 01-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I checked my tire PSI.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:40 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a set of 1" pucks for the rear for free!!