Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project time! My "new" 2004

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 07:31 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

look on the top of the fuse box lid under the hood i think there is a yellow relay with a picture of the engine put it.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evoblade
Well, I have the motive products pressure bleeder. Hopefully I won't end up needing any more than that. I just read some things that indicated to me that bleeding the DII brakes were not as straightforward as most cars.
I was going to go with the motive also since I already had it left over from when I had my M3, but I read some posts about people blowing the seal out between the reservoir and master cylinder going that route. ultimately I chose the scanner/computer method.

Old 05-20-2015, 05:17 PM
Winching
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Transfer case sounds like a broken cable or something. Does the lever feel like it's attached at all? Should move freeling into all 4 positions, but might not just because of where the transmission and driveline are meshing (it's really best to move it when the truck is rolling less than 5 km /h and it's in neutral), so you might not know until it's actually moving.
Might be able to get it to move with a little rocking of the whole car in neutral.
Unless it's a broken cable that is.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

You may want to start by replacing the vehicle. LOL! Just kidding, good luck with your project.

Old 05-21-2015, 07:11 AM
Mudding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallstaff
Transfer case sounds like a broken cable or something. Does the lever feel like it's attached at all? Should move freeling into all 4 positions, but might not just because of where the transmission and driveline are meshing (it's really best to move it when the truck is rolling less than 5 km /h and it's in neutral), so you might not know until it's actually moving.
Might be able to get it to move with a little rocking of the whole car in neutral.
Unless it's a broken cable that is.
It moves normally between "bottom center" and "bottom right" (feels like it is moving something in a transfer case). When it gets to the middle, it feels like it hits something (hard stop). Can't get any motion at all fore to back. Is there a "gate" or should it move freely forward/back/side to side? Part of my problem is I don't know what normal feels like. The last vehicle I drove with a transfer case was my Silverado and that was about 3-4 yrs ago.

Old 05-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thats good to know! Hopefully I will never have to worry about that.

I read in somone else's thread about pulling the fuel pump fuse to pre-lube the engine, that sounds a ton easier than pull off all of the spark plug wires.
You should be able to just turn the key on, put the gas pedal all the way to the floor and turn the engine over. When you're satisfied you've cranked it over long enough, let up on the pedal (and the key, obviously) and start it up. It's even easier than pulling a fuse and way easier than messing around with all the plug wires.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:05 AM
Mudding

That does sound easier. Why does flooring it keep it from starting?

Old 05-24-2015, 05:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle

That does sound easier. Why does flooring it keep it from starting?
It puts it in clear flood mode. It basically just shuts down the fuel injectors. Like the "mode" suggests, any residual fuel will be blown out the exhaust valves.

Old 06-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Mudding

Anyone have a stock bumper they want to get rid of? Preferrably green. Wife really wants a stock bumper for some reason. I'm hoping I can find an aftermarket one that she will go for. I don't really want all that plastic on the front. But I must say the kit to mount the winch inside the front bumper looks nice.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:31 PM
Mudding

Ok. I'm going to go buy a battery and try to crank it. Also going to see if I can quickly fix the coolant leak. Before I try to crank it, what should I do about the gas? Its 2+ y/o at this point. Can I just siphon it out through the filler nozzle or are more drastic measures going to be required? I'll probably change the oil before I crank it also.

Quick Reply: Project time! My "new" 2004