Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proudly presenting my "new" D2!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2012, 01:53 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Proudly presenting my "new" D2!

Here is my base platform, got a ways to go on upgrades, but currently no major squawks.

Here's the block from the overheated 03 number 4 leaks bad behind the sleeve, gonna go out for sleeves in a few weeks

Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's a really nice looking rig. Love the front bumper and lights. I also really like that color. I have the bland standard forest green

Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

That's a beautiful truck. Looks like you've already got a head start with mods considering the bumper. Looks like you've already got beefier tires, and a lift too?

Old 11-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks,

It's bone stock, getting ready to order the suspension since the stock stuff is pretty worn. The dampers are pretty much shot. its got 140k on it, but has been well maintained/documented, and was towed behind an RV a lot.

It had issues with window regs, door locks, moon roofs, all annoying, but not big issues. I pretty much sorted all those issues out right away by pilfering parts off my donor and studying the rave. So far I think these rigs are pretty easy to service, especially given the killer documentation. I like the fact that parts can actually be R&R'd without a lot of nickle dime little parts getting snapped and needing to be replaced.

At this point I'm nearly up to par on the 60K service sticky, got a good front driveline, fresh plugs, fresh oils and filters and lube all over, I swapped out the coolant, but waiting for my new hoses to arrive to actually fully service the cooling system. installed an ultra gauge (and that is sweet, gonna put one in my truck too). Still waiting for my brakes to arrive at which point I will service the rear hubs.

I'm in the process of figuring out the best suspension option to avoid a lot of mods/issues to get an honest 2 inches with it loaded down with bumpers, skid plates, sliders etc.

Also working on a CDL linkage design of my own, but need some minor details before I design and fabricate it.

So far I'm on track with using it to go to Toroweap on the north rim of the Canyon this X-mas as a mini shakedown run..It's been a lot of work, but having a great time, I really like this machine, I can appreciate it for what it is.

I did take it to a nice little hill climb in my area, the hill is steep, deeply rutted and covered in 4 in river rock, my dodge 4x4 has to bonzai it to get up it, this truck crawled up it effortlessly with the center diff open, and tires at road inflation.