Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on buying a landrover..sceptical

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
yeah, but anyone who gets one will be hooked. Even that Annie girl who has had a ton of problems is still getting hers back on the road....
Um...thank you???

I drove Irma to work this morning. Bliss. Until my check engine light came on...

Old 06-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

oh no!!!!!

Old 06-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by AnnelieseMae

I drove Irma to work this morning. Bliss. Until my check engine light came on...
Owning a Rover is a love hate relationship.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Mudding

I REALLY think it's just my gas cap. After I got Irma from the shop I went right over and filled her up...I struggled with the cap both taking it off and putting it back on. I just tightened it up and it had been loose.

Side note---> I don't mean to hijack the thread---> Will the code clear itself???

Back on target: yes, I've had to replace my plugs/wires, fix my drive shaft, and address the intake manifold...but driving my Disco these past few days has been SWEET!!!

I missed it. And it's nice to have my own wheels...my own AUTOMATIC wheels again.

I have to reiterate what has been said here...once you get one, you don't want anything else...(knocks on wood...)

Old 06-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes a "soft" code will reset once the problem has been corrected on a DII, a "hard" code will need to be reset by a OBDII scanner.
DI's, soft or hard code needs to be reset with a OBDII scanner.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my check engine light is pretty much a constant thing... it lets me know my engine is still there...

Old 06-01-2009, 04:28 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by discoxd
my check engine light is pretty much a constant thing... it lets me know my engine is still there...
Amen to that

Old 06-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You guys need to drop by harbor freight. Under $30 and you can get a scanner that will read and clear codes. That way you know if it is a bad thing or not...

Old 06-01-2009, 05:28 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by okdiscoguy
You guys need to drop by harbor freight. Under $30 and you can get a scanner that will read and clear codes. That way you know if it is a bad thing or not...
I do need to do that.
In fact... I am going to do that tomorrow.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 PM
4wd Low
Default Still hooked

Alright well for now i'm still hooked,
I probly will keep my sell my eclipse, i'm only 16 and can't afford insurance on two constant vehicles. But anywho, I am aware that there are the two versions of the disco. 1 and 2. Although the 2 has a bigger engine, i also hear it has more expensive fixes..or more expensive breaks reported, such as the tranny or so i've heard.

So what are the main differences between the I and II? and i've also seen i believe land rover defenders with seats that sit facing each other in the very back, can i do this at all with a disco? that'd just be pimp lol thanks again for all the input guys and gals!

P.S. you said that i shouldn't replace the intake, or anything performance wise except the plugs and that jazz. i guess i'm stuck in the traditional 4x4 truck mode, i just see myself putting a pair of headers on it, new high flow exshuast. Really not gona do anything for me? i mean sure that's good if i dont' have to put any money into it, just suprised me!

Quick Reply: Questions on buying a landrover..sceptical