Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions regarding coolant leak (04)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 04:10 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding coolant leak (04)

I recently replaced the clamps on all three hoses to fuel injector clamps as there was a very slow coolant leak coming from the center hose connected to the T connector. After replacing clamps I noticed that one of the hoses had slid a little bit and did not fit as snugly to the T connector as I had set it after replacing the clamps. I tightened the clamp on the particular hose that had loosened and was leaking again. After a couple of days I noticed that my pulleys were squeaking, as I checked on this I noticed my entire coolant reservoir was empty and the bleeder screw had loosened up and there was wet coolant seeping from the screw. I attempted to tighten it and unfortunately broke the screw. I just ordered the replacement bleeder screw from ebay for 8.50. This is my concern, after I replace the bleeder screw I fear that another leak is going to punch through the system somewhere. Is it possible that it could be a bigger problem that is causing the leaks to keep presenting themselves or is the new bleeder screw and clamps together going to possibly alleviate the problem? I still have DexCool (orange coolant) and was advised on a previous post that I should consider switching to the green. I haven't really done any research on that and any more advice on the green and my above issue will be greatly appreciated.