Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rack Design Questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rack Design Questions

So, I'm in the process of getting a rack and am looking at having some customizations done to a rover racks voyager. I am considering adding a couple of additional crossbars to the rear area for easier loading and keeping the front standard...partly to limit obstruction of the sunroof.

I had originally been thinking of adding jerry can holders to the front, wanting to keep the weight towards the center of the vehicle, but ease of access seems to be an issue - would love some thoughts on that.

Also, the can holders are permanently welded in place and limit the ability to lay things, like plywood, flat across, especially if I place them in the rear. I'd rather not go with full flooring, but could do Kings-XL-Lite at each rear corner and mount the expeditionware holders and remove them as necessary. Or I could just strap the cans down.

I'm looking for ideas and recommendations, and am enjoying the design challenges and options.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

you can mount jerry cans on the read bumper or between the spare. i wouldnt put in jerry can holders at all on the roof you can jsut strap them down. if you wanted the space you wouldnt be able to remove the holder.