Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Code

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008 | 10:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Radio Code

discoxd: What you heard is true, provided the radio has never been replaced, and if it has been replaced then hopefully the person who replaced it put the new bar code sticker over the old one. I thought I posted that info on this thread before, but it seems to have disappeared, not the first time this has seemed to have happened.

Old 10-21-2008 | 08:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle

i thought it may have been you... and i thought it was on this thread too...
________
perfect **** Webcams

Last edited by discoxd; 08-15-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-21-2008 | 09:00 AM
Rock Crawling

Is it also safe to assume the 5-digit code does not include the number zer0? I looked in my glovebox and I was able to see a bar code sticker with numbers. It's kinda stuckon to the passenger side air bag assembly.

On my sticker I can see a 5-digit number which is followed by3 upper case letters, BTR. The problem I see with this 5-digit number is that one of the numbers is zer0. Which wouldn't be a problem if there was a zer0 button on myradio. My radio only has thecapability for six preset station,buttons 1-2-3-4-5-6. No zer0. So is this the correct sticker I'm looking at, if so how do you enter a zer0 number?

If you enter the code wrong (3 times) instead of waiting onehour with the ignition on, can you disconnect/recoonect the battery and start all over again.

How do you remove the radio? The last time I went to the LR dealer, the service manager told me there'ssticker with a bar code behind the radio. The sticker will have something like a 10-digit number. He stated all he needs was the last 5-digit or something like that in order to look up the radio code.

I'm familiar with removingsome OEM Ford radios with the two holes on both sides of the radio. My radio has one hole on each side and I can't figure out how to stick an appropriate tool in there to release the lock on the radio.

Old 10-31-2008 | 10:50 AM
Rock Crawling

So I was able to get the radio out. Appearantly there's a special radio tool that's used to remove these radios. For me I just used a small flat screwdriver (small enough to fit in the hole) and was able to turn the locking screw CCW in order to remove the radio.

As for thecode, after getting the radio out I took it to my local LR. The service manager was able to look up the radio serial number and provide the code to me.

The code I was given was nothing like the 5-digit code that's in the glovebox.

Now I need to figure out why the rear sub-woofer isn't working.

Old 11-01-2008 | 01:44 AM
Rock Crawling

CandiMan: If the radio has been replaced in the past, it is possible the tech or whoever replaced it did not remove the barcode sticker from the radio and place it in the glovebox over the old one, in which case the serial number is needed to look up the radio code. Another place to look for the code is on the bottom of the rubber mats on the dash, commonly the code will be written there by the tech who has replaced the radio, but not always.