Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Code

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:49 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Code

Is there a way to coax the code out of my stereo before I disconnect it?

The code did not come with the car.

Thanks, RS

Old 12-31-2010, 02:39 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

You can call a dealership. They will ask you to send them proof of ownership, such as the title, and a photo ID. That's how I had to get my code.

Old 01-01-2011, 10:13 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

On a 04, you shouldn't have to worry about the code if it is only going to be unhooked for an hour or so. If longer, then as mentioned, take proof of ownership to your Rover dealer and ask him to pull the code from Rover.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Mudding
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I was going to pull my radio out to check the antenna lead as I suddenly only get the stongest FM stations in my area, the rest (which used to be ok) are now static ridden.

I have all sorts of original stuff (the manual, window sticker, sales receipts, etc) but I could not find the code anywhere.

What is this bit about having an hour or so with an 04? Is there something different? I have an 04 and if I have a time allotment I will be sure to reconnect power within that timeframe. Since I have a local Rover Indy shop, I have no use for a dealer and prefer not to dig out the title and waste time calling and faxing if I do not need to.

Thanks for any insight!

Old 05-03-2012, 07:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As usual, Mike is right. It took me 18 months to finally go to the dealer to get the code. Did the job on the battery and finally found I did'nt need the code.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Check fuse 16, which also powers the antenna (aerial) amplifier. Pix of amp attached.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
d2 antenna amp.pdf (33.4 KB, 138 views)
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I doubt your antenna connection is bad, check the fuse as mentioned.
If you have to pull the radio, most D2's will retain the number for awhile without needing to be recoded but you should get the code number from the dealer just in case.

Old 05-04-2012, 07:39 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

then write it on the back of the stereo, no one is out stealing stock radios from 10 year old trucks, if you want to be tricky write i backwards.
the time will come when you need it again and can remember where you wrote it down.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Mudding

Thanks! I will give it a shot. I did not know there was an aerial amp back there. Now that I am thinking about this, the problem started after I drove 6 hrs to NYC and back through a monsoon the whole time. I had a little water on my rubber mat in the rear but could not pinpoint any specific leak. The sunroof and upper safari windows were all dry inside, so I think it was coming in through the rear hatch seal somewhere as the inside of the hatch had some water drops on it.

I bet water got back in that area and blew the fuse - at least I hope as that would be an easy fix. Thanks again for the tip and picture! I'll let you know what happens!

Old 05-16-2012, 02:20 PM
Mudding

Well I went to the passenger fuse box first and the radio fuses were all fine. As I went to the back to start taking apart the paneling to get to the antenna amp, I noticed that the little black connector to the window from the amp was broken on the passenger side. The driver side is fine, but the passenger side is just hanging there by the wire with a faint edge resting on the window. It must have been bumped when packing or unpacking the Disco on the trip to NYC.

So now I need to know the best way to fix this? Is there a specific adhesive that allows the electrical signal to pass through better than another? I do not know what the actual black material is made of that bonds the connector to the window, but I am guessing it is not something I am going to find or be able to use as it looks like it is baked on in a factory.

Any insight on the best fix would be great! I can take a picture if my description is not clear. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Radio Code