Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RE: Still looking for the right Discovery Series II

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Still looking for the right Discovery Series II

Now that I'm parting out my 98 Disco Series I, and combined with my full time employment income (going on 7 months now) , slowly I'm progressing closer towards the Discovery Series II market. I have my eyes wide open, my budget set ($2,000-$3,500) and my decision is final! Within the following weeks I'll will have received my first $500 in profits from the parting out process - by the end of the month I will have $1,000 total saved up towards my goal. I've been on this forum actively since the beginning, and I've made several transactions with various members of this forum - I've never ripped anyone off, never been dishonest, never stolen or lied about anything I sold. Trust should now be established.

What I'm specifically looking for is a 99-2000 Land Rover Discovery Series II in overall "good" condition. I care not weather or not it has the 3 amigos illuminated. I care not if it needs power steering work, I care not if there are typical leaks, I care not if the sun roofs or power windows are working, I care not weather or not it's inspected or will pass inspection at the moment - "so long as the Discovery runs and drive good I'm happy."

I care about the overall condition of the exterior body panels, I care about the overall condition of the interior, I care about how the previous owners treated the Discovery, I care about the amount of rust accumulated, I care weather or not the Discovery contains the high/low differential shifter option - "so long as the Discovery runs and drives good I'm happy."

By my estimate I'll have somewhere around $3,000 or more by late August - early September 2011. I've asked twice before and I'll ask once again: Specifically I would prefer to make ongoing payments from the start of August - the end of September 2011. Payments via PayPal instant transfer as agreed by a notarized sighed mutual term contract. I would solely expect the owner to agree not to sell the rig to any other potential buyer and to "retain the Land Rover in their possession" until all payments have been successfully processed and the title sighed over to my ownership in which case I would then take the rig home permanently. I'm open to other arrangements so long as they are legal and honest. I'm willing to negotiate terms and I'm willing to provide "limited" legal proof of my identity and my employment status under the condition that you agree to a contract.

I'm not asking for the key to your Castle - just the honest opportunity to work towards a personal goal. For me one of those goals is a good condition Land Rover Discovery Series 2.

Sorry for the repost - My determination is unrelenting at the moment.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't know man... I think you might want to increase your price range. It wouldn't be hard to find a Discovery close to what you want that needs some work, but is mechanically sound. However even if you do, you will end up paying to fix all of the less important things that you didn't really care about. If you can, avoid the hassle if it means that you have to pay a little more. (Not a lot more obviously).