Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear door window channel seal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018, 06:01 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rear door window channel seal?

Ive searched the forums and internet and cant find the part im looking for. i have wind blowing in from my passanger side rear door at the rear of my window that rolls up and down, that channel window guide part. Does anyone know where i can buy one.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:19 PM
TReK
Received 199 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by MATT04
Ive searched the forums and internet and cant find the part im looking for. i have wind blowing in from my passanger side rear door at the rear of my window that rolls up and down, that channel window guide part. Does anyone know where i can buy one.
Just check, the window glass channel that usually goes down. You can use a blunt flat screw driver to raise it back up. If it get stuck under the rail inside, then you have to remove the door panel to get it back up. You can then spread a thin layer of adhesive you prefer to get it fix into place.
If there is another issue like the door itself, get poly foam caulk from HD about 1/4 or 1/2 inch and insert inside rubber to lessen the gap between door and rubber weather strip.
Im guessing its just the felt channel around the glass.
Cheers

Old 02-06-2018, 10:55 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by LR03NJ
Just check, the window glass channel that usually goes down. You can use a blunt flat screw driver to raise it back up. If it get stuck under the rail inside, then you have to remove the door panel to get it back up. You can then spread a thin layer of adhesive you prefer to get it fix into place.
If there is another issue like the door itself, get poly foam caulk from HD about 1/4 or 1/2 inch and insert inside rubber to lessen the gap between door and rubber weather strip.
Im guessing its just the felt channel around the glass.
Cheers

I've had to slide my weather strip back up a couple times.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:04 AM
Drifting
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, i just went out and checked and it did slide down halfway. so for the last couple months ive had wind blowing in when i could have easily fixed it. and i have read about it sliding down but havent noticed it until i put the window down and checked it out