Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recalls

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 09:11 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Recalls

hey captian, what dc area dealer was it? ive worked at a couple of them, just curious here

Old 08-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not seeing the dealer on the website now...maybe because it was a combination Ford/LR/Jag dealer. It was up by Rockville. Maybe off Wisconsin Ave? I'll describe it since you worked at them. The biggest feature was that beside the drive-up lane (to drop off the car etc) was the used vehicle lot (small) with a small office (apparently for the used car sales guys).

I was SO upset with these guys that I can tell you that it would be rare that I would ever entertain the idea of going to a LR dealer again. Ever. I was on the road with my 3 year old going back to Ft. Bragg and leaking gas at each fill up. I was floored that they treated the situation like "so what?" And better than that they said I could bring it by another dealer and they could take care of it...caveat being that if it wasn't directly related to the "tank changing operation" itself that I would be covering all of the labor costs.

...now knowing that the tank had been completely out of the truck and this could have been wrapped up into thejob they were already doing(with me covering the cost of thevapor line and maybe a portion of the labor)...needless to say I was upset.

BMW has never treated me like a second class person regardless of what I have asked them to do (my car is a 2002). Compared that to the experience with the LR dealer that could seem to have cared less about what was going on with my truck...

Old 08-31-2008, 10:08 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

yeah, it was rockville. they went out of bussiness and are now west columbia... never worked at either, just the ones in va. but yeah, ive heard some bad things about that place, anyway, sorry bout your bad luck with that.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

My LR dealer is tops. I go in there to just look around and they offer men a can of pop, talk LR's, insider info, does my truck need service? Do I want to go across the off-road course...I would live there but they wont let me.
They also sell Jag's and BMW's. 3 buildings, same grounds.
Sorry that your dealership is a bad one.