Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recurring solo P1415 code with SES light

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2020, 08:22 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Recurring solo P1415 code with SES light

"Inherited" a 2004 Disco 2 from my father-in-law--was supposed to be a starter vehicle for my son, but I can't get the Service Engine Soon light to stay off for more than a few weeks. Took it to the dealer in Charlotte (Raleigh dealer closer but won't work on "older" LRs) and they replaced the evaporation leak detection pump. Light came back on a few weeks later. I hooked up my BlueDriver and got a P0441 code so I replaced the EVAP canister purge solenoid/valve. SES light was off for quite a while but the evap system and SAI system sensors wouldn't come on line so I had to get a waiver to get past the N Carolina state inspection. Two weeks after that the SES light was on again with a P1415 code & no other codes. Per the suggested fix, I replaced the SAI pump with a used one supposedly in good shape. SES light was off, I was getting the "hair dryer" sound on startup and everything seemed to be good. Now three weeks later I'm getting the SES light and P1415 code again even though the SAI pump seems to be working correctly. Only one other suggested fix for the P1415 code by itself is to repair the "Vacuum reservoir vacuum supply line." Which line is that? I'm not sure which line I should be looking at so pictures would help... Could it be just bad signals getting to the SES, i.e. a wiring issue?

There are other fixes suggested if accompanied by a P1412 code but I'm not getting that one (for now...). I may have to go down that road anyway if I'm going to keep this vehicle much longer. It's a competition between this and my 2005 Saab 9-3 to see which one I can sink more $ into to keep alive. Any help would be greatly appreciated!