Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The remote in my key is dead. Is there an aftermarket remote that can be used?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 09:11 PM
Winching
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default The remote in my key is dead. Is there an aftermarket remote that can be used?

My key has the usual problems, the two buttons fell out and the contact bits on the circuit board in the remote portion are missing, so when I bought new keys,...and put the remote into one,.......it doesnt work. It only works if I bridge the two contact points on the circuit board with something like a tiny screwdriver.......apparently the circuit board originally had a small contact strip that the key buttons pushed on to bridge the contact points.

Can anyone reccomend an aftermarket remote at a reasonable price? I've been using my key in the door for several months and am concerned that I might break that pot metal link between the lock cylinder and the door lock actuator switch (I have a steel replacement link, but haven't had time to replace it ).

Brian in Austin

Last edited by bcolins; 01-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

You can attempt to repair your current remote, there are kits like this that have replacement switches: Land Rover Discovery Genuine OEM Factory Key Keyless Remote CWE100710KIT

Might be cheaper on ebay.