Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Repair costs...sound reasonable?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 11:54 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Repair costs...sound reasonable?

For you wrenches in the bunch:

My local Rover mechanic suggested a couple repairs. I just want to double check what he recommended and see if the prices quoted sound appropriate.

Replace gaskets on Valley Pan - He said there was a very minor coolant leak. Labor=$500. Parts$125

Replace Drive Belt and tensioner pulley. While at it, replace weeping Crankshaft seal . Labor$325. Parts=$175

Aside from that, I'm having some brake work done which was priced well enough. It also appears this Disco recieved the full 60K servicing prior to my purchasing it. All new plugs, intake seals, clean fluids, new shocks, etc..

I also think I'll have him add 2" suspension spacers while he's in there.

Do those repair prices seel normal?

Thanks.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Repair costs...sound reasonable?

ORIGINAL: newBrover

For you wrenches in the bunch:

My local Rover mechanic suggested a couple repairs. I just want to double check what he recommended and see if the prices quoted sound appropriate.

Replace gaskets on Valley Pan - He said there was a very minor coolant leak. Labor=$500. Parts$125

Replace Drive Belt and tensioner pulley. While at it, replace weeping Crankshaft seal . Labor$325. Parts=$175

Aside from that, I'm having some brake work done which was priced well enough. It also appears this Disco recieved the full 60K servicing prior to my purchasing it. All new plugs, intake seals, clean fluids, new shocks, etc..

I also think I'll have him add 2" suspension spacers while he's in there.

Do those repair prices seel normal?

Thanks.
I don't have a flat rate book so I can't help you on your price quotes. I am concerned about you're wanting to add 2" spacers to a truck with 60K on the suspension, you have a very tired suspension.Your coils have collapsed by an inch or more with that mileage. If you are looking to give the truck a 2" lift consider coils and shocks as well as a steering stabilizer. I would suggest you look at a OME set of coils and shocks.
Mike

Old 10-31-2006, 03:33 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Repair costs...sound reasonable?

Thanks Mike,

Note taken on the 2" spacers. Ordered new springs/shocks instead.

My "humming" in the dash was related to the Climate Control fan. Had a toothpick wrapper in it of all things.

cheers