Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing the radiator bleed pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing the radiator bleed pipe

Hey again everyone. Thanks for all the replies to my first post, I appreciate no one being too hard on me. As I'm sure you can tell I really don't know that much about cars, and unfortunately, neither does my dad. So here's where my question comes in.

So we ordered the new overflow pipe and we're expecting it either tomorrow or friday. We were looking at the pipe and it has strange clamps on it.. so my dad wanted me to post on here and find out if we needed any special tools for the clamps.

since I'm sure some of you who'll read this won't have read my last post, we have a 03 Discovery SE7.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Replacing the radiator bleed pipe

You will probablyu be better off getting some new pipe clamps from a hardware store.

Old 03-05-2008, 09:09 PM
5th Gear

well the hose is coming with clamps.

we just don't know how to get the clamps off of the radiator neck and reservoir neck. they're unlike any we've ever seen and we didn't know if a special tool was required to loosen them.

Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Mudding

Hey I think i read your last post ..... I hope your liking your disco. Anyway I broke the same pipe about 2 months ago replacing my battery. The stupid thing is right in the way of everything. As for taking off the clamps (the ones that hold it to the radiator and the expansion tank im guessing) all you need to do is take a pair of needle nosed plyers and press the two sides of the clamp together. You will notice that as you do this, the "teeth" on the clamp will come apart. Then, as you are doing that, take a small flathead screwdriver and wedge it in where the "teeth" meet and pry it open (the clamps look like little Cs when they arent together). If the new kit comes with the same kind of clamps (I don't recommend using the ones you took off again), all you have to do is place them around the pipe and then will the plyers again press the two sides until it "clicks" together.

Hope that helps and good luck!