Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Sunroof Blind

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing Sunroof Blind

One of the plastic hooks on my rear sunroof blind broke. Has anyone replaced these before? Do you need to pull the headliner or can you get at it from above? From what I can see, it looks like there my be three clips holding the roller unit in.

Any help would be appreciated.

My other option is to fab a metal hook and screw it on to the remaining plastic bits.

Thanks,
Dave

Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 PM
Winching

I am in the same boat... I have no idea how to fix it. The only way I know to order a new one is to order it at the dealer. Which is over $500 dollars.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Just a thought, you might want to try Roverlandparts.com - We know Land Rover Parts they may or may not list them but I believe they are like a Rover-only salvage yard and I think it says something like "don't see what you're looking for? call" or something like that. Don't quote me on that but I know they have a phone number, I know that REAL people answer it, and they are DEFINATELY cheaper than the dealer!!
Hope this is of some kind of help to you guys. I feel very lucky that I haven't had one of these weird parts break on me yet, because there are absolutely NO Rovers in the junk yards anywhere near where I live. I hope a place like Roverland would have them, let us know if you find one and how to replace it when you figure it out, Thanks.

Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Not sure there's a cheap fix

I'm in a similar situation - my front passenger shade tab is broken, probably similar to yours. I read on the site somewhere (and some time ago), that it cannot be replaced as a discrete part. Someone posted pics of a do-it-yourself fix along the lines of what you're thinking. I removed my headliner to paint it and there was no obvious way to replace shade.

If anyone knows different or has a cool solution, I'm eager to hear it as well.

DRW

Old 08-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A very small piece of aluminum bar bent to the shape of the broken part and either a small screw or a very small rivetto hold it in place. If the entire oiece is missing I'm sure you guys can fabracate your own replacement clip from a small flat piece of anodized aluminum bar. If not I am going to try and draw one up and market it. There are what 4 on every Disco with dual roofs time how many cars?? Maybe I'll take it to the Shark Tank !! LOL

Old 08-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Three Wheeling

I like the $20 solution best. It will be nice to have a little project.