Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing 'swollen' lug nuts

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016 | 07:36 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Pudge
Lucky8 has a better deal for members.

Or you can take the time to remove the chromed covers as an alternative. Tire shop has correct size for dressed or naked nuts but you'd need to replace your lug wrench.

The following users liked this post:
Pudge (10-10-2016)
Old 10-10-2016 | 07:50 PM
|
Overlanding

Thank you Squirt, mln01, mollusc and number9. I appreciate you all taking the time to respond and help a girl out. I do take things personally (hint, look at my handle - a lifetime of sensitivity), it is a fault of mine and I've had a particularly hard past month so I apologize if I came off as rude. I've been to two separate tire shops and they've both used the same terminology (swollen) so I didn't think that they'd be described as anything different. I had searched on the forum prior to posting and saw that ShaggySE7 had thrown out a question on lug nuts in September but didn't appear to have a resolution. It would have been helpful for him to follow up on what he actually did (his replacement choice) rather than questioning terminology. Apparently some Rovers have solid lug nuts and the DII's have the 'beauty' caps? I was just wondering what you all do when replacing? It would make sense to me to find solid lug nuts (or I guess tearing off the cap as was stated previously) but I know that the solid ones (if available) can be costly.

As for Frank4, I know the 'chicks' dig you but perhaps you could leave your garbage at the landfill and not pile it on a forum.

Thanks again,

Pudge

Last edited by Pudge; 10-10-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2016 | 09:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by Pudge
Thank you Squirt, mln01, mollusc and number9. I appreciate you all taking the time to respond and help a girl out. I do take things personally (hint, look at my handle - a lifetime of sensitivity), it is a fault of mine and I've had a particularly hard past month so I apologize if I came off as rude. I've been to two separate tire shops and they've both used the same terminology (swollen) so I didn't think that they'd be described as anything different. I had searched on the forum prior to posting and saw that ShaggySE7 had thrown out a question on lug nuts in September but didn't appear to have a resolution. It would have been helpful for him to follow up on what he actually did (his replacement choice) rather than questioning terminology. Apparently some Rovers have solid lug nuts and the DII's have the 'beauty' caps? I was just wondering what you all do when replacing? It would make sense to me to find solid lug nuts (or I guess tearing off the cap as was stated previously) but I know that the solid ones (if available) can be costly.

As for Frank4, I know the 'chicks' dig you but perhaps you could leave your garbage at the landfill and not pile it on a forum.

Thanks again,

Pudge
Dumpster fire?

Old 10-10-2016 | 09:43 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Frank4
Dumpster fire?
Chill out dude. Now you just being a dick for no good reason.

Pudge (10-11-2016)
Old 10-10-2016 | 10:21 PM
TReK

Pudge, more info than you will ever need re: your swollen lug nuts.

Go NutZ! >

Pudge (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016 | 05:36 AM
Baja

This whole thread is nutty...

The following 2 users liked this post by abran:
chubbs878 (10-11-2016), Pudge (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016 | 08:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Chill out dude. Now you just being a dick for no good reason.
Hey DUDE, the op came with a chip on her shoulder and critiqued every honest answer. Call them how I see them.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?

Old 10-11-2016 | 09:10 AM
Pro Wrench

Call them how I see them.
Start taking your meds again.

Pudge (10-11-2016)
Old 10-11-2016 | 09:21 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Frank4
Hey DUDE, the op came with a chip on her shoulder and critiqued every honest answer. Call them how I see them.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!?!?
Yep.. I have a big chip on my shoulder. It sits there waiting for some dip like you to come along so I can devour it. Have a good day.

Old 10-11-2016 | 11:43 AM
|
Overlanding

Originally Posted by OverRover
Pudge, more info than you will ever need re: your swollen lug nuts.

Go NutZ! >
Thanks OverRover! That was really informative and helpful. So for DII's there aren't any solid lugnuts to be had so what I need to do is get a new set and also the proper wrench (as stated by Externet, thank you) and supply that to the tire place when having the tires rotated. And make sure they aren't torqued too much or I'll end up where I am right now. Got it. I'll get that done this week - thanks again!

Quick Reply: Replacing 'swollen' lug nuts