Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resonator Delete? DO IT!

Old 11-23-2014, 09:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Resonator Delete? DO IT!

Not this first to do this I know. I was kicking around the usual suspects, Flowmaster Magnaflow etc. but I really like being cheap. Had a shop cut off the resonator and make and weld on a pipe that looks damn near stock. Only thing different is I had them put a little kick near the weld to tuck it up a little closer to the bumper, you have to look pretty close even see the pipe when standing behind the truck.

Anyway it cost $30 bucks and it sounds pretty damn good. Slight drone on the highway and an awesome cold start burble. Not really any in cab noise in the city but nice bounced rumble in city traffic.

Old 11-23-2014, 09:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 938 Likes on 631 Posts

I'm suprised you even had any Highway drone. When I did mine it sounded nearly stock inside. Completely so cruising down the road at any speeds. It still ended up being too quiet for me, so I went through a Flowmaster 40 and 3 different glasspacks under about 6 different set ups before I finally settled on my Borla with duals out the rear. I loved that Flowmaster, but its drone was nearly deafening. My reso delete would've been louder than yours too since I had high flow cats.

Old 11-24-2014, 12:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex_M
I'm suprised you even had any Highway drone. When I did mine it sounded nearly stock inside. Completely so cruising down the road at any speeds. It still ended up being too quiet for me, so I went through a Flowmaster 40 and 3 different glasspacks under about 6 different set ups before I finally settled on my Borla with duals out the rear. I loved that Flowmaster, but its drone was nearly deafening. My reso delete would've been louder than yours too since I had high flow cats.
6 different set ups? Astonishing.

You must have deeper pockets and less sensitive ears.

Old 11-24-2014, 07:06 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 938 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank4
6 different set ups? Astonishing.

You must have deeper pockets and less sensitive ears.
Haha, I think you'd be surprised. I did all of the work myself other than the final dual setup because I was on a high schooler's budget. I'm glad I got it when I did, because I'm now graduated and working on an even smaller college student's budget. Though, the less sensitive ears is entirely possible, or maybe my radio just works better