Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reverse Lights not working and Sketchy right tail light

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reverse Lights not working and Sketchy right tail light

Hey guys .. So I've been reading the last 2 days once I realized that I had a few lights out and that I never saw my reverse lights, like ever since ive had the truck. Well a little background info so I can get pointed in the right direction.

Truck is a 04 Discovery 2 SE, Automatic, and right before the owner shipped it to me he had an issue with I believe the brake switch that was replaced, I think. This had made the car not be able to shift into gear; I read about this yesterday and I found a brake switch in the truck so I'm thinking he had this replaced as its going into gear now. However, not sure if they rigged it somehow as the switch in the car is brand new and I have a brake light on always.

Anyways to the lights my back right tail light and stop light combo doesnt work. The other indicator turning signal works fine. I grabbed some electrical cleaner today and sprayed the socket to make sure I was getting good connection, I have the correct bulb 1000% and the strange part is when i push it in I have a hard time turning it to lock it. Although when I just push it in I get the filament starting to light up, it looks like its glowing ever so little so I assume theres power. Could this just be a bad connector?

The reverse lights from what I gather are tied in with my rear fogs. Whatever I do I cannot get them to go on. I've tried everything I've read to make tests and the one thing that I think may be the problem unless im doing it incorrectly is the XYZ switch. What I tried is to put on the front wipers, and then put the truck in reverse and from what i gather immediately the rear wiper is suppose to automatically go on, it doesn't.

Could this fix this mechanic did to get the car into the gears have anything to do with this? Anyways if anyone could help me out and give me some pointers it would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
Frankie

Last edited by DrDash; 03-09-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:28 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No one

Thanks
Frankie