Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Yokohama Geolander A/T-S

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review: Yokohama Geolander A/T-S

It's been a week now since I put these on and I've got to say, I'm very impressed with them...so far. Went up from a 255/55/18 to the 265/60/18 with absolutely no problem. No rubbing at either full lock left or right. For those of you with stock, slightly sagging suspension I would say that you can be 99% percent confident that their will be no fitment problems.

In the snow, we've had our fair share here in Germany lately, they have provided superior grip in all circumstances. Acceleration and braking traction has been significantly improved.

In general the steering feels much lighter, easier to turn left and right, both at a stop and while on the trucking down the road. I'm assuming because of the taller tire the damping effects I feel in the ride would be expected. The tires ability to absord a little more of the bumps in the road can definitely be felt.

Appearance wise, I would say the truck has been raised a good inch, inch and a half, most noticeable from the view in the front and back.

All in all, a great 832.00 bucks spent (for 5 tires) now waiting on my Terrafirma 2 inch lift to come in the mail. I'll post pic's shortly of the before and after of both the tires and suspension changes.

P.S. did the swap in the back for the tire hanger....easy as pie.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forget how much tires cost for these bigger sizes. I always pick mine up slightly used off craigslist. Always some redneck that bought something he can't afford or fit on his stock silverado. The ones I have now, Mastercraft 275/70/18, I spent right at $300 all said and done with mounting and balancing.