Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rims and tire package question

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
That sounds like the description of my wheels, are these the ones?:
They look similar to that, I am not sure if they are the same or not. What I do know for certain is that I measured them with a rim caliper, like the kind that comes with a computer balancer station, and they were exactly 7" on the outside.

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Also I'd really like to check out the trails in Calais if you know any. Always looking for a place to go.
I usually go on a trail from Calais up over Woodbury Mtn. You end up in Wolcott. There is an even gnarlier trail that parallels the mountain road. I wouldn't go on it unless you had a snorkel and didn't give a damn about your paint. I could probably make it through with the Excursion, in so far as I wouldn't hydro-lock but I don't think I would actually fit.

I just ordered a snorkel for the Range Rover today.

Your Disco looks pretty hot. I want to do much of the same with my Range Rover.

What is the deal with the cables from the roof racks to the brush guard? I never got what that is for, looks cool, but what is the purpose?

Old 06-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Haha yeah not trying to go too far under water...we'll see.

The cables that go to the roof are called "limb risers". I'm not sure of the origin, but I first saw them on Camel trophy vehicles. They're designed to keep branches away from the windshield, and they work great. I was on a trail in Hinesburg yesterday and saved my truck from some serious branches.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:13 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well your Disco would have an easy time of Woodbury Mtn. I took my more or less stock Disco II over it quite a few times, I did loose the front bumper up there, then I replaced it with a bumper from an old Jeep CJ. No more problems after that.

Are you looking for serious challenge or just a gnarly, but manageable, trail ride?