Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof Rack Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Brumski07
Gas mileage really isn't that big of a deal right now. For some reason, I've ben getting 8-12 mpg on my DII running 89 octane. A year ago, I had better than 16 mpg. No changes, just a sudden drop. I've got the extended warranty on it, so it's going to get looked at tomorrow, cause I haven't been able to solve it.

And Fuego, Thanks for the offer! I'll get in touch with you as soon as I get ready to make the commitment of buying one. It will probably be in the early Summer because I'm gonna scrounge up all my loose change and put it towards a rack.
Your warranty will not take care of poor gas mileage especially when you are using cheap gas.
Do you have a check engine light on, if so go get the codes and get back to us.
By the way, there is a great saftey Device here in Denver sale for $650, make a worth while drive.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:20 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Your warranty will not take care of poor gas mileage especially when you are using cheap gas.
Do you have a check engine light on, if so go get the codes and get back to us.
By the way, there is a great saftey Device here in Denver sale for $650, make a worth while drive.
It's way past my scheduled service and my check engine light is on. I'll get the codes as soon as I can. Thanks.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Brumski07
It's way past my scheduled service and my check engine light is on. I'll get the codes as soon as I can. Thanks.
Holy crap, man. You need to spend some more time looking through this board at all the issues you can run into when you don't maintain your Rover. I would take that money you are going to spend on the roof rack and take care of your baby. I agree the roof racks are cool, but they won't do much good if your Rover won't run.

Seriously, you are way overdue for your scheduled service, your check engine light is on and you're going to drop coin on roof rack?

Old 04-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about: Welcome Brumski! You have come to the right place where friendly people are very willing to give you some advice. Take a look at some of the posts especially those about 60K service, induction, throttle body, MAF's, oxygen sensors etc. A lot of stuff you can do yourself with the help you will find here. You can save a good fortune which you can spend on the toys...

You will find most guys are pretty straight forward and speak their mind. It's all meant well! So, having said all that, go take care of your baby and start by giving her some Premium and care she needs to keep you going and coming back!

Cheers!