Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seafoam instructions on DII

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:04 PM
Mudding
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Where exactly do you connect the seafoam

I am confused... where do you actually connect the seafoam? Do I need to purchase a separate hose for this? What kind of hose do I use, where do I get it?

Old 02-15-2019, 07:28 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 228 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Alexander George
I am confused... where do you actually connect the seafoam? Do I need to purchase a separate hose for this? What kind of hose do I use, where do I get it?
This is what I did

Disconnect the brake booster line from the intake manifold
Get some duct tape and make a square large enough to cover the hole from the brake booster line
Poke a small hole that will allow the tube of the Seafoam to be inserted
Stick duct tape on brake booster hole and make sure it is sealed
Insert Seafoam hose and follow instructions on can

NOTE: Brake booster hose is the one on the right in the pictures above

Old 02-15-2019, 11:38 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do the Captions tuneup & clean out.

No hose required, avoid mussing up the drive, do it at the car wash.
First get a half dozen cans, one for the gasoline tank, one for the oil, me for the coolent, shake well, slosh one all over inside the engine bay, um? 1+3. Ok that’s 5
now runn it through the high pressure rinse cycle 3 times then pour the last can into an empty spray bottle & dousch everything outside instead of using wax, I’m tellin y’all this is awesome, nothing sticks, it’s better than snow-X it’s so easy. Say y’all get a foot of the white stuff, just swat a porthole, fire up the Rover & roll twords the neighbors then Gunn it, all your snow will be in front of the house next door & you will never have to shovel it away again, I Swear.
Alot sometimes but that’s beside the point.
Seafoam is the mirical stuff that’s going to save the world I’m telling ya there’s fantastical claims flying everywhere about new things y’all can do with it, bet it even grows hair where you wNt it & removes it where you don’t.
Get a bushel before it’s sold out everywhere, every time I see it it costs more than the last time.
For the BOGO tell em da caption sent ya.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 137 Likes on 120 Posts

I've used seafoam probably 10+ times with the intake vacuum method.

it doesnt do much for me no matter what car I put it in. Factually, it is only going in the hose and down the intake ports. If you want it to clean the throttle body you have to find a way to add it to the intake air. Personally I'd rather just remove the TB and clean it properly with some TB cleaner.
The performance you may be getting is from it possibly cleaning your plugs.

I did read somewhere of an old trick where you slowly add water and it did the same thing...basically steam cleaning your chambers.

Old 02-27-2019, 07:47 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by akbarkhan
Did the engine flush...it was a piece of cake. Opened the drain plug, drained all the old oil, flipped the drain plug washer and put it back on. Filled with 6 qts. of ATF (I used Valvoline MaxLife Synthetic) and let idle for 30 mins. After, drained oil/ATF, removed oil filter, fit the new Mobil1 filter (1/2 filled with oil), and a new gasket forthe drain plug. Fill with 6 qts. of oil (I used Mobil1 10W-30). That's it.

I have to say, the bright red Valvoline MaxLife came out a really muddy blackish-brown color after only 30 minutes. A couple regular flushes along with synthetic oil will really break up all the built-up gunk.
You can put transmission fluid in the engine and run it idle for 30 min, then drain it...and that does what exactly? Thanks, having problems with sticking valve lifter. Never knew this method was possible

The following users liked this post:
Daisy Green (04-15-2020)
Old 02-27-2019, 09:16 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 848 Likes on 633 Posts

I wonder what would happen with an engine full of ATF and a can of Seafoam for an engine flush?

Old 02-27-2019, 09:23 AM
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
I wonder what would happen with an engine full of ATF and a can of Seafoam for an engine flush?
That's what the above reads, correct? 30 min idle engine full of ATF? Then drain and do a regular oil change. Os this correct? I'm just a weekend mechanic, but this is new to me

Old 02-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,666 Posts

You never fully dump in ATF vs oil. You’d do a 2qt ATF to 4 qt oil, ATF IS NOT a lubricant for engines! Also I’d only do this as a last resort. I’d do a bottle of Seafoam a few hundred before an oil change.

I just did a seafoam treatment thru the intake on the 02 Westminster & it drastically improved idle & it’s running great now. Smoked for a good 30min!

Old 02-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by Best4x4
You never fully dump in ATF vs oil. You’d do a 2qt ATF to 4 qt oil, ATF IS NOT a lubricant for engines! Also I’d only do this as a last resort. I’d do a bottle of Seafoam a few hundred before an oil change.

I just did a seafoam treatment thru the intake on the 02 Westminster & it drastically improved idle & it’s running great now. Smoked for a good 30min!
in your opinion...

what did it clean?

Old 02-27-2019, 03:06 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
Some atf may be ok, but a whole crankcase may prove costly. Atf doesnt have the same wear protection as motor oil.

Quick Reply: seafoam instructions on DII