Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seattle New Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 10:46 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seattle New Member

Hey everyone, just bought a 2004 Land Rover Discovery II today. The car is in good condition overall. Took it down to the beach today. Already loving it! Im looking forward to getting some tips and help from all of you, i have a lot to learn!

Old 11-15-2015, 10:47 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 966 Likes on 643 Posts

Welcome to the forums! Hopefully we won't have to help you out too awful soon, but when we do I hope we can help you to the best of our combined abilities! Do be sure to read the major service sticky and keep up with maintenance to a tee. These trucks are awfully picky.

Old 11-16-2015, 03:26 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NatsumeTakashi
Hey everyone, just bought a 2004 Land Rover Discovery II today. The car is in good condition overall. Took it down to the beach today. Already loving it! Im looking forward to getting some tips and help from all of you, i have a lot to learn!
Welcome to the support group. "Hi I'm (insert your name) and I'm a rover owner."

The following users liked this post:
clint70 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 07:16 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Welcome aboard.

Coolant leaks are on the left.

"Which Oil should i use" arguments are in the back of Aisle 3, next to the head gasket debates.

Electrical issues are by the register.

Have fun shopping and remember, its just a vehicle.

Old 11-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

3 replies and no one has mentioned the Ultra Gauge, Dexcool or the front driveshaft yet!

welcome!
My wife and I just moved out to Woodinville from Seattle. Drop me a line if you need a place to work on your truck out of the weather.

Old 11-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default welcome!

Originally Posted by NatsumeTakashi
Hi

I've got a 2004 Discovery also and, despite the headaches I am going through at the moment (mostly due to a shoddy prior tech), I think they are great cars with a perfect driving position, good visibility, highly capable on and off road, and 2004 is the best of the bunch with the locking center diff and other improvements.

Just check the engine levels weekly, change the oil often, and read the guides on this site.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:44 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Booth
3 replies and no one has mentioned the Ultra Gauge, Dexcool or the front driveshaft yet!
Sorry, was nursing a hangover.

If your coolant is orange, then you should either flush it outand go with some green coolant ( Peak seems to be a favorite here) or perform the service for the coolant and stick to a rigid cooling system service schedule. Most of us here would go with option A.

Ultra guage is one of your best friends and worse enemies. It's allows you to keep track of your coolant temps, voltage, and pending and current and a host of other ODB port information streams. Bad part is that is allows you to keep too close of an eye on everything. We spend to much time watching it and chasing every little fluctuation.

Driveshaft, make sure it is rebuilt with greaseable u joints and lube them up every 5k. Or don't and end up with a hole in the trans, and a destroyed exhaust..

Is that better Mr. Booth

Old 11-17-2015, 12:24 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by dgi 07
Sorry, was nursing a hangover.

If your coolant is orange, then you should either flush it outand go with some green coolant ( Peak seems to be a favorite here) or perform the service for the coolant and stick to a rigid cooling system service schedule. Most of us here would go with option A.

Ultra guage is one of your best friends and worse enemies. It's allows you to keep track of your coolant temps, voltage, and pending and current and a host of other ODB port information streams. Bad part is that is allows you to keep too close of an eye on everything. We spend to much time watching it and chasing every little fluctuation.

Driveshaft, make sure it is rebuilt with greaseable u joints and lube them up every 5k. Or don't and end up with a hole in the trans, and a destroyed exhaust..

Is that better Mr. Booth
nicely done sir!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:10 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Robert Booth

welcome!
My wife and I just moved out to Woodinville from Seattle. Drop me a line if you need a place to work on your truck out of the weather.
Thank you! I will let you know!

Old 11-18-2015, 12:11 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by lrguy46
Hi

I've got a 2004 Discovery also and, despite the headaches I am going through at the moment (mostly due to a shoddy prior tech), I think they are great cars with a perfect driving position, good visibility, highly capable on and off road, and 2004 is the best of the bunch with the locking center diff and other improvements.

Just check the engine levels weekly, change the oil often, and read the guides on this site.
Thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Seattle New Member