Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling 2003 Landrover Discovery....

Old 03-10-2019, 02:50 PM
TReK
Received 652 Likes on 559 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
cool to know. i didn't even think about trying to pull it out.
mollusc good on you for helping out the op.
Very stand-up thing to do!

Re: The brake light switch, honest mistake and I've made it a few times.

Old 06-07-2019, 11:34 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm BACK!

Funny I wrote to my good friend and savior Mollusc the other day to update him on my car, only to breakdown (overheated) yesterday in the middle of Times Square NYC. Just spoke to the place who towed it, they think it's the hose going to the coolant, the coolant reservoir isn't filling up. The want to charge me 3.5 hours in labor. Says it takes time to take in and out (may be saying the wrong thing here) and then the cost for parts and coolant. You know how **** my car is, but Mollusc restored life back to my car. Do I spend another $600 to fix this? He actually said all my hoses feel soft, but I cannot afford to redo them all now. Please let me know thoughts. Can't drive it with no coolant so would have to Tow somewhere else. I do have some plans coming up that require a car, and renting in NYC is expensive. Need to make a decision soon. Thanks in advance and still would like to properly thank Mollusc and my friend in Nebraska for helping last time!

Old 06-07-2019, 11:54 AM
TReK
Received 760 Likes on 628 Posts

the time it will take to replace the hose depends very much on which hose it is, but i can't see any of them really taking that long to do.
i would definitely get something more solid from them than "they think it's a hose" before they start doing anything. at worst, they can fill the system with water and run the engine briefly to identify a leak point. sometimes it's as simple as a loose clamp.

Old 06-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by disco2003NYC
Funny I wrote to my good friend and savior Mollusc the other day to update him on my car, only to breakdown (overheated) yesterday in the middle of Times Square NYC. Just spoke to the place who towed it, they think it's the hose going to the coolant, the coolant reservoir isn't filling up. The want to charge me 3.5 hours in labor. Says it takes time to take in and out (may be saying the wrong thing here) and then the cost for parts and coolant. You know how **** my car is, but Mollusc restored life back to my car. Do I spend another $600 to fix this? He actually said all my hoses feel soft, but I cannot afford to redo them all now. Please let me know thoughts. Can't drive it with no coolant so would have to Tow somewhere else. I do have some plans coming up that require a car, and renting in NYC is expensive. Need to make a decision soon. Thanks in advance and still would like to properly thank Mollusc and my friend in Nebraska for helping last time!
Rent a pressure tester from autozone, fill with distilled water pressurize the system and find any leaks. Then order the hoses from Lucky8, install, fill with distilled water, bleed and make sure it does not overheat. You could have a bad thermostat, or bad HG, but no reason to jump to conclusions.

If it holds temps, refill with Orak and you’re good to go.

Old 08-26-2019, 08:55 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally selling disco 2003

Selling a 2003 d2 4.6L S7 with 154k miles. Has the third row seats. silver/gray with black interior. I am the original owner who bought it new from NYC LandRover dealer on 54th street. Truck is running so current owner can deliver (depending where); currently located in Manhattan. Needs some work to make it reliable. Bumpers are totally broken, unfortunately.

It's a non-sai truck which is kind of rare for this year. Has back-up sensors which is also unusual. Coil rear suspension, not sls. Just had a new radiator and thermostat installed, and new front Tires (cooper adventurer h/t 255/65r16). willing to consider reasonable offers.

Please also share with any groups. Email disco2003nyc@gmail.com with any additional questions or offers!

Thanks!