Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling 2003 Landrover Discovery....

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 10:21 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Many thanks to Landrover Forum, and Mollusc and Zuke!

Trying to post a video but it's not working - so click here
to view.

Also here is a pic of me and Mollusc and one of him working on the car (more to come!). Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. If you have any interesting Forum stories message me, thinking I may have a new documentary film idea ;-)

Pamela

Old 02-19-2019, 03:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So i didn't read the entire thread, but i think youre right in that the truck is now worthless, and a death trap.
Being the nice guy i am, ill come up and get rid of it for you and relieve you from the liability of this monstrosity of a truck.

Ill even give you a few hundred bucks for it...... LOL

Seriously.. easy fixes. this is a great time to learn how to do some maintenance....

Old 02-19-2019, 03:49 PM
TReK
Received 760 Likes on 628 Posts

not necessarily all easy fixes. i didn't even mention the o2 sensor errors, misfires, vacuum leak, and 3 amigos!

Old 02-19-2019, 04:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts

Well either way. I nominate mollusc for mvp of this forum. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the landy's.

Old 02-19-2019, 04:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts

Hell this is the best story I have seen on here. What say we all throw in some used parts and get this problem solved.

Somebody who knows computers set up a GoFundMe and let's gets mollusc a sexy front bumper or something for all his time and travel. I'm in for 50. I got a maf, coil set, and plugs that I will throw in. I can send an icarsoft if needed.

Oh hell yes.

Old 02-19-2019, 09:45 PM
TReK

i'm busy for the next few weekends so there's not likely to be much activity for a while. i know that the truck and its owner and heading to vermont this coming weekend so that'll be a major test.
i have an icarsoft and just updated it with new firmware, so the next time we try to get anything done it will be able to do some deeper diagnosis. i also have an entire working abs module from my parts truck, but i suspect it will probably just need option b. i saw one unplugged wheel sensor so i think there's been a replacement done there.

i really don't need anything. the place we have been meeting is not far from my house and i would only be spending the time working on my own truck. or one of my bikes. or the house. or the landscaping...

Old 02-20-2019, 08:09 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by mollusc
i'm busy for the next few weekends so there's not likely to be much activity for a while. i know that the truck and its owner and heading to vermont this coming weekend so that'll be a major test.
i have an icarsoft and just updated it with new firmware, so the next time we try to get anything done it will be able to do some deeper diagnosis. i also have an entire working abs module from my parts truck, but i suspect it will probably just need option b. i saw one unplugged wheel sensor so i think there's been a replacement done there.

i really don't need anything. the place we have been meeting is not far from my house and i would only be spending the time working on my own truck. or one of my bikes. or the house. or the landscaping...

Mollusc you are the gift that keeps on giving! Regarding the 3 amigos issue, is my truck safe to drive 500 miles from here to Vermont? Full disclosure it has been intermittent for over a year, but now seems not to want to go away. The only codes that came up when trying to reset when I got front tires replaced was - 66 Vaccum Switch - something like that.

Please let me know safety issues. No snow expected this weekend. But have my kid in the car so safety first. Thank you all in advance. Oh one more thing. I have a cheap Veepak ODM reader no codes came up ones cleared, but before I had the following: (see attached)

thanks!!!!

Old 02-20-2019, 08:51 AM
TReK

the three amigos only affect the abs system. your brakes still work, and they now work well! it will just be like driving an old pre-abs car.
with an o2 sensor not functioning, the car should revert to a generic fuel map. it won't be optimal fuel efficiency but shouldn't damage anything unless you start to get serious misfires.
you didn't seem to have any coolant leaks and now that we've (presumably) fixed the power steering leak there shouldn't be any copious amounts of fluid gushing out from under the front of the thing any more. with the new tyres i'd say you're good to go.

Old 02-20-2019, 09:19 AM
Three Wheeling

Thank you!!! Will touch base in the next couple of weeks. Zuke, haven't heard from you, but thank you as well.

This is such a wonderful end to the story!

Old 02-20-2019, 03:05 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 816 Likes on 594 Posts

It's not the end ...

Quick Reply: Selling 2003 Landrover Discovery....